Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost
Quote | Reply
Kestrel now has Carbon Seatposts for the Talon SL. Anyone know where I can get one??
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost [swimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh really? News to me...glad things changed. They told me in '93 that there were no plans for one...I said too bad because the aluminum one is a boat anchor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question (on top of yours): What's wrong with the seatpost currently on the cycle?

www.kestrel-usa.com

- mike

Kestrel Talon SL driver 2003 35/50

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, same here. I was told by one of the guys at Kestrel about two years ago that it would be way to costly to develop a carbon seat post and therefore be to costly for the consumer. He basically laughed at me for suggesting/questioning him on something like that.

Anchors away ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to order one through your kestrel dealer. My dealer called me in May to tell me I could order one.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could stomach a 200 or even a 250g post on my Talon SL...but the damn thing weighs 330g....something just struck me wrong about putting that much weight on an SL, a frame designed to have dropped some weight from the standard model...so I stuck on my trusty old USE Alien Carbon and haven't looked back...
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa....a bike dealer that actually proactively sold you something?

Gasp...a new concept in the bike industry!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He basically laughed at me for suggesting/questioning him on something like that.

the most likely sign of a company whose demise is all but certain...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon Carbon Fiber Seatpost [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thought crossed my mind as well ;-)

I will and should say they were very good though about replacing a frame that I cracked in a very freakish way. I did have to pay cost, but they were still good enough to work with me on it and they got the new frame out to me immediately.

Oddly enough, I received a bill from them a about a year later for something completely unrelated and of course I called them up to dispute it and they agreed. My overall feeling was that there was a lack of organization at the company. I do believe they moved facilities a year or so ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my interesting story of amazing competence: some years ago, I sent a brand-new defective frameset back to Kestrel as well. A brand new frame with a major defect is weak, very weak. But we'll let it slide, as they repaired it fine without cost to me, except they didn't offer to pay for my shipping to them.

But during the repair, they removed the headset. Ok, I can understand that. But they sent the frame back to me without it. So I called and asked about my missing $75 headset. They said, 'oh, we forgot to send it'. So then they sent it to me. Unfortunately, for them, they sent it back to me without one of the bearings (whoops).

So I called and asked about the missing bearing to my $75 headset. They looked around but could not locate it. So they told me to go buy a new one and send them the receipt. So I did this, but they didn't send me the money. After many, many calls on my part, they finally coughed up the money for my bearing races--we are talking 4 months later.

The whole endeavor was a lot of hassle for me, and expensive for them. How they stay in business is anybody's guess...

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg X: Aug 1, 05 12:54
Quote Reply