Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry
Quote | Reply
Hey everybody, Does anybody have any good suggestions for keeping an IPOD Shuffle dry when out cycling etc. I'm on to my third one already. I don't think Apple makes any sort of waterproof cover-not for the Shuffle anyway.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [space] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a 1st or 2nd generation Shuffle?

A couple of options for the 1st gen on the Apple site: http://store.apple.com/...F&nclm=iPodCases

I had the sport case and it worked great.

2nd gen: http://www.dlo.com/...art=1167737501449573
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an arm band for mine on ebay - it is large enough that it holds it - would even accomodate the sport case, too. The other thing I can think of is to put it in a zip lock bag in your pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OtterBox is waterproof and works great!

http://www.otterbox.com/.../ipod_cases/shuffle/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a shuffle, but I put my Treo in a ziplock bag in my rear jersey pocket while riding. There are generics that are 'snack sized' that might fit into a shuffle case. Just put a small hole for the wire.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [PoolDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sport case works great. I have ridden in the rain with the thing many times. No problems...

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said, I've also had good luck with the sport case from apple. I've done the ziploc bag thing too but it didn't work well.......I totally fried two Shuffles doing this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the otterbox - I use mine when water running and this and the water proof headsets are great.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Amphipod (I actually have two of them), which clips to my shorts, jersey pocket, etc., and also allows me to carry an ID, a key, etc. along with the Shuffle. Last night is a perfect example of how well it has worked out: started in a light sprinkle, and ran more than 40 minutes in what varied between constant drizzle and downpour. My Shuffle in the Amphipod was dry as could be. I am totally sold on the amphipod and recommend it to you wholeheartedly.

www.amphipod.com.

Regards,

BH

"No reserves, no retreat, no regrets..." William Borden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look like any of these companies have cases for the 2nd gen shuffle. I'm sure those are on their way.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are great products. Pricey, but work very well.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
These are great products. Pricey, but work very well.
Yeah, it is amazing how waterproof these cases are. Mine only cost $10 from Iriver; came with headphones and everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try an iSkin.

www.iskin.com

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a condom on my mp3 player. Trojan unlubricated. Cheap, thin enough so you can see through it and work the controls. Twist the end around the headphone cord and secure with a twistie-tie. Works great. Trim the ring off the condom and it is not so obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 3rd as well. Problem only happened during summer months when wearing the armband. Sweat destoryed it! I started putting it in a zip lock bag, inserted in the armband, with a rubber band to close it tight. Worked well.

The condom idea sounds good, but, I would pay hell trying to explain that to my wife (leaving the house dressed in tights and lubed up with a condom in my pocket would be hard to explain, especially when I come home looking like I've been rode hard and put away wet) ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [Number5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I use a condom on my mp3 player. Trojan unlubricated. Cheap, thin enough so you can see through it and work the controls. Twist the end around the headphone cord and secure with a twistie-tie. Works great. Trim the ring off the condom and it is not so obvious.

Yeah, but the condom method isn't 100% effective. Ask my 4 year old son.

You could try the rhythm method -- only take it out when weather cycles look favorable.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [Peleton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both methods are prone to failure. Try the ring? the patch? I know! It will probably fit in the box that birth control pills come in.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best and cheapest solution:

a ziplock bag

works perfectly.

(but I will refrain from commenting on the foolishness of riding with an ipod)

(oh wait, I just did)

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [beemis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't look like any of these companies have cases for the 2nd gen shuffle. I'm sure those are on their way.

Contacted both companies. They are in the testing phase. Products should be out soon.

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Contacted both companies. They are in the testing phase. Products should be out soon.

Francois in Montreal
Cool, ST has an errand boy. Francois, find out who carries a 2XU compression running tight in medium. Chop, chop, snap, snap.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [Peleton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, ST has an errand boy. Francois, find out who carries a 2XU compression running tight in medium. Chop, chop, snap, snap.

Funny... I had already done the work because I gave a shuffle to my loved one for Christmas... This is is January ! Back in training, no time for errands anymore !

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down as vote 3 for the Apple sport case.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out this case: Splash Case for 2nd Generation iPod® Shuffle

http://www.powersupportusa.com/...shuffle2G_splash.php
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping IPOD Shuffle dry [XFalcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OtterBox is waterproof and works great!

http://www.otterbox.com/.../ipod_cases/shuffle/
I use OtterBox for my shuffle and nano...works great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next