Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just curious [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it quite admirable that Tom, Gerard, Mike Plumb, and the like post on this board. In addition to providing many of us with valuable information we would not otherwise be privy to, it also generates business for them. I for one would not hesitate to visit Demerly's shop in Michigan if I ever find myself up there. And if he ever opens up his business to online sales, I would buy from him in a minute (as would many, many others who frequent this site). On the old forum, Gerard once insulted the way I looked at bike sizing without insulting me personally -- it was a very tactful way of questioning my logic. He was correct, and I appreciated that. It has made me much more serious about considering a Cervelo when I purchase a tri bike. So offering opinions, insight and advice not only makes the sport better by helping create a more informed group of participants, it also helps generate business. Posting on this forum is one of the smartest things a coach, company or retailer could do. My hat's off to those who have figured this out, and I appreciate them for their openness and willingness to share with the masses.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please cut the crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious [velo123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed... Thanks velo123, and for you notes too, I appreciate your thoughts.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sorry that I acted the way I did toward Velo123's question. There are no stupid questions------just stupid p _ o _ l e.
Quote Reply
Re: Just curious [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or stupid answers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's GT ? GT could you jump your dumb butt in here ? I would like to hear another goofy opinion!!!!!

This is great much more like rec.sport.tri
Name calling and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now if someone would just threaten to whip someones butt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would seem to me that Tom has the "real job" many of us like to dream about, but probably wouldn't enjoy the reality of so much. Owning a bike shop doesn't exactly generate huge revenues, especially when you have such a high commitment to excellence and quality of service as he provides. I'm sure the time he spends grinding cable housing and providing free fittings for people could be used to generate more profits, but his passion for the sport, for helping people, and his just plain perfectionist-like quality compells him to operate his business in this manner.

It must be said that his presence here also benefits his business. I for one would not hesitate to visit his store if within driving distance, and if he decided to go on-line, would undoubtedly purchase hardgoods from him. Tom's input (as well as that of many others here) is one of the things that make this such a great board, and I am very glad that he joined us. I had seen his website and read his reviews prior to his joining the Slowtwitch community, but since his involvement here my estimation of him has grown a thousand fold. Tom is the man.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next