Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jogging Stroller
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a recommendation for a jogging stroller. Will be used mostly on flat sidewalks, and flat dirt paths.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging Stroller [frigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had a Kelty Joyrider with 20’ wheels for 4 years now. The large wheels make the ride much better for the little ones compared to smaller wheels. I’ve also noticed that the long wheel base makes it run smoother and make it easier to steer when running. The frame and fabric are both solid, no problems there. I would definitely recommend it.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We liked our Kool Stop. It's on its third kid and will survive enough to be passed along.

We got the one with steel wheels rather than alloy. Better to find one at a garage sale or from a friend, as most see very few miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can check the baby bargains website for a recommendation. Here is a link to the stroller message board: http://www.windsorpeak.com/..._topics&forum=14

I know it is nit picky, but I had a good chuckle when when jtaylor1024 posted that they like their stroller with the 20 foot wheels (One line thingy (') is used for foot and two (") is for inches.)
Last edited by: Duff: Aug 28, 05 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging Stroller [Duff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the 20' wheels make it really easy to get up and down the bean stalk. :-)

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Babyjogger. Bought a single about 8 yrs ago, then a double a few years later. Wife uses them all the time, and they have held up great.

http://www.babyjogger.com/

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've got a Kelty Douce Coupe double jogger and have been pleased overall. It's well built, light and easy to fold. I did a lot of research and the Kelty was just what I was looking for - running on pavement & paths. The sun shade is huge, which seems like a small thing, but it make a tremendous difference for the kids' comfort. My only complaint is that is pulls a bit to the left - enough that I need to correct it every 4-5 steps. Customer service couldn't offer any fix, although they did offer to replace it if I wanted.

A great research site is joggingstroller.com

- Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've got a Chariot Carrier (www.chariotcarriers.com) and absolutely love it. We bought one of the convertible models so that we can use it as a bike trailer too.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Last edited by: mileader: Aug 29, 05 6:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Baby Jogger with big wheels for one and a Kelty Deuce Coup for two. Both nice. The baby jogger moves much smoother, easier to run with. The Kelty is smooth but you notice additional resistance, especially uphill and into the wind. The Kelty is a little fancier, more storage but doesnt recline, the Baby Jogger reclines. Both good, but I would give edge to Baby Jogger.

Another Note about the Kelty Deuce is that it is does fold quickly for travel, we brought it to Florida for vacation with us instead of regular stroller. It doesnt fit through regular doorways, but there is a trick to get it through, collapse it carefully.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Last edited by: Ed in IL: Aug 29, 05 9:40
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging Stroller [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a BOB stroller, great for the not so flat sidewalks as it has shocks. The shocks make the turning easy. I have been training with it for 2 years and we love it. I have used the fixed wheel ones after using the BOB and I am so used to the shocks that it felt too ridged. I would defiantly say, try as many as you can before you buy!!!

One of my favorite features is the pocked next to the seat. I load it full of cheerios and snacks to keep my little one busy for the runs! The other thing to think about is how far the cover comes down depending on the type of weather you are in...sun or rain. Many of the other ones do not provide good coverage. Especially when I am running in the evening into the sun... If my little one is not happy the run is over!

The BOB works great in snow with big wheels and shocks again. I got it at REI.

http://www.rei.com/category/4501340.htm?vcat=REI_SSHP_KIDS_CLOTHING_TOC
Quote Reply