Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar
Quote | Reply
Hey cincinnati! Most of you probably already know but I am putting on a seminar/training week-end in january with my coach Rich Pady being in town. It should be good. Here is a brief summary of the agenda:

Friday night: lactate test (limited spots)
Sat: bike ride, yoga/pilates, IM training seminar, nutrition
Sun: run, drills, swimming with filming of stroke.

On top of that, I am planning a party at my house. PM me about fees and I can send you the original flyer if you are interested. it should be fun:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on! Kitty? rroof? mark? John? all the other cincy crew? kitty I will have red wine and make spagu :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, at least for part of the weekend.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John, can you send me your email address so I can forward you the flyer and see what ou think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I PM'd you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have 9 people so far it should be really good to beat the winter blues!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you sure this would apply to me? i'm trying to get my run back this year primarily...

as for the bike, i'd like that and the pilates, but i'll never do an IM. as for the run on Sunday, how much and how far? is there a certain pace? and the bike ride on Sat, is that indoor?

oh, just send me the flyer, i have my typical 20 questions...lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I knew how to attach the flyer! But actually it applies to everyone. wheter you are a newbie or training for an Ironman. I would say half the crowd are newbies. It is good information, swim drills... run i think is 1hr. Let me see about attaching the flyer, maybe I can try the copy/paste method! If you opt out of the seminar, maybe you can come for spagu and wine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knowledge, Training, Coaching
A great way to "SUPER SIZE" your performance!

Date: Sunday January 20 -22, 2006

Coach Richard Pady will be in town running a three-day training weekend for triathletes of all levels.
Richard has raced in the world of triathlon since 1988. Richard was on the Canadian Junior team in 1994
and since then has raced as a professional mostly in Canada. In 1998 Richard started to make a switch from
athlete to coach. Since he has started coaching Richard has had great success with his no gimmick approach
to training. In 2005 Richard had 8 athletes at the World Ironman Championships, 3 athletes at the World
Long Course Championships and 1 athlete at the World Duathlon Championships. As far as reaching goals
that Richard and his athletes set out each season, Richard was able to post an average of 98% success rate
for all of his athletes.

Training Schedule:

Friday: Lactate Testing (6 slots only)
Where: BioWheels Workshop
Address: 6810 Miami Ave
Start time: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Description: Lactate testing is the most accurate way to determine your individual training zones. Richard
specializes in endurance sports where the strength of your aerobic system is a key aspect of your performance.
Richard uses a FACT lactate test to determine your aerobic strength. The FACT test determines the heart rate at the
point just before you start to accumulate lactate; this is the Lactate Balance Point. Your lactate balance point heart
rate and the corresponding speed/wattage level is an indictor of the strength of your aerobic system. The test will be
done on a bike. All you will need is your biking gear.
Cost - $100.00
To book one of the 6 slots email Sophie Brodeur at trisophie@hotmail.com

Saturday: Biking and Strength

1. What: Bike
Where: BioWheels Workshop
Address: 6810 Miami Ave
Start time: 8am – 11am
Description: Richard will spend the better part of the ride talking about Ironman Race Day Prep, the key to
successful at the Ironman Distance, and he will be available to talk about your position on the bike.
What to Bring: bike, trainer and front wheel block, 3 bottles, and a towel.

2. What: Yoga or Pilates for Triathlon
Where: Revolution Spinning and Fitness, 4642 Ridge road
When: 12pm – 1pm
Description: Spend an hour working on flexibility and learning about body posture which will help
you on the bike, in the water and out on the run.

3. What: Strength Training for Triathlon Seminar
When: 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Description; A look at how weights can help you with your triathlon training. Richard will walk you
through many key exercises that will help you next race season. Richard will teach you correct form and help
you create a strength plan for the up coming season.

4. What: “Beyond the Mileage” Seminar
Where Revolution Spinning and Fitness, 4642 Ridge road
When 2:45pm – 4:15pm
Description: Learn from the experts how to take your training to the next level. Learn what mistakes
destroy athletes training, races and even full seasons. Michael Folan will talk about getting the right nutrition
for your training with a special look at Ironman training and racing.
Sunday: Run and Swim

5. What: Run and Gait Analysis
When: 8:00am – 9:30am
Description: 1 hours run followed by 30 minutes of gait analysis. Richard will take a few minutes
with each athletes to break down their running stride and give them a few tips to help improve their efficiency
and avoid injuries down the road.

6. What: Swim
Where: Xavier University
When: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Description: Work on your technique with Richard. Learn how to build your mileage in the pool for
long distance triathlons. Find out the missing link for most triathletes in the pool.

Cost for Saturday and Sunday:
HR Clients $100
Non-HR Clients $125
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE, RESERVE TODAY!
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you like them apples? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's good. thanks!

i looked on my training plan, and for that weekend i'm schedule for a 12 mile run, 40 minute roller session and a light workout of weights and stretching.

it seems the seminar is very ironman focused...not really sure if it's a good fit for me, but i'll think about it. i think the swimming would benefit me most at this point.
Last edited by: kittycat: Jan 4, 06 8:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, looks like some more fun in Cincy! Yup - I should be there. Getting a VO2 test soon too as well (computer, mask and all). Geez, so much info. I've been training more this winter than ever before. Getting pretty serious here in Cincy ... I'll contact you later after checking with the boss :)

Re: Jan 20-22 Cincy training week-end/seminar [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool! It should be fun.. let me know. We are kind of full for the LTH test, I may be able to work somthing out if you want to do it. He is doing it with the blood test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soph I forgot to tell ya that I can do the LT test at anytime on Friday.
Quote Reply