Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge
Quote | Reply
Details here: http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Challenge_4739.html

I'm late getting the prizes up for a couple reasons. Mostly, because my good friend Greg Kopecky, who helped me do this the past two years, abandoned me to go get a "real" job. And also just craziness of training and having three kids.

But I promise that the prizes are at least as good as previous years...

Thanks as always!

Most of the basics remain the same as in previous years. You can donate ANY amount, but ONLY donations of $134 or more (the cost of one bicycle) will make you eligible to earn some of the great fundraising awards. For every multiple of $134 that you donate, you get another chance at an award. $268 earns you two chances, $402 earns you three, $536 earns you four, etc. Donations made on your behalf will also be tallied towards your total (and then divided by $134). If you get 10 people to donate $13.40 in honor/recognition of you, then that earns you another chance as well. Anyone donating for you must make a notation in the "Donor Info" section with your name - i.e. Name - "John Doe (for Jordan Rapp)".
This year, however, we are making a small tweak to honor those who have stepped up in a big way for us. This year, donations of 5 bikes ($670) will get an extra chance (so five bikes gets you six chances in honor of the 6th year of the fundraiser). Donations of 10 bikes will get an extra three chances (so 10 bikes gets you 13 chances). Donations that fall in between (like 6 bikes) will get rounded down (so 6 bikes gets 7, 12 bikes gets 15). But each increment of either five or ten will earn the extra chances (15 bikes would get 19 chances - 5+1 & 10+3) at getting something awesome.
To enter the challenge, you can donate online at the URL below. Like last year, the Ironman Foundation has been very generous in hosting and handling the donation site for us (Thanks, IMF!!!). Link: http://www.crowdrise.com/...starCharityChallenge You can also submit donations via traditional mail at this address: World Bicycle Relief Attn: Development 1333 N. Kingsbury Street 4th Floor Chicago, IL 60642 Award drawing tickets will be assigned automatically from the donations, so please make sure to give us an email or phone number (or both) where we can reach you. For my part, I will be donating 10% of my prize money from Ironman Arizona, rounded up to the nearest whole bicycle amount. For example, in 2009 I donated 10% from my win at Ironman Arizona, and the prize money amount was $8,500. Ten percent of that is $850. $850 divided by $134 is 6.3, so in that case, I rounded up and donated seven bicycles - $938. 100% of your contributions are tax deductible and will be directed back to World Bicycle Relief.
Also new for this year, if you give a donation of $134, you are also able to request a formal printed "thank you" gift/donation cards that can be sent to you or to someone else. The cards are beautifully printed and feature an inspiring story of an actual recipient of a bicycle. Especially since this is the holiday season, we wanted to add something special to honor the momentous donations you all give. If you want a card, you can either contact WBR on their website - worldbicyclerelief.org/contact, or just make a note via Crowdrise ("I want a card") and we will contact you to make it happen.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Nov 19, 14 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is marc!

And yes, a good cause.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumping this up!
Thanks for the update Jordan

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put in my 10% from IMAZ - $534 = 4 bikes.

Anyone out there want to match?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will do, just have to wait a few days to clear a visa payment. Got back from New York, and worked the Visa pretty hard. Don't want to set a bad high water mark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Put in my 10% from IMAZ - $534 = 4 bikes.

Anyone out there want to match?

Sure, I'll put in 10% of my winnings from IMAZ.

On second thought, how about I just buy three bikes? Done.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One bike donated by each of my 3 kids....great job leading this amazing program!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Paul!

Quote Reply
Re: It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks David!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jordan, do you know if WBR donations are tax deductible in Canada yet? It won't have any impact on mine, but when I did my small fundraiser a few years back it was a common question...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: It's Back! 6th Annual World Bicycle Relief Charity Challenge [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khai wrote:
Hey Jordan, do you know if WBR donations are tax deductible in Canada yet? It won't have any impact on mine, but when I did my small fundraiser a few years back it was a common question...

Yes. We set up a special donation page for Canadian donors last year, but it was such a small number of folks, that it didn't seem worthwhile this year.

Just email me, and I'll connect you with WBR if you want/need a tax receipt or want to process the donation through the Canadian branch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really happy to support this project again this year. It makes such and immediate and incredible impact on the people it benefits.

Karin and I donated 20 bikes this year during the match period....so that totals 40 bikes. I feel so good about this and how many people's lives will be directly impacted.

Great job as always Jordan!

I encourage everyone to participate.....

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team