Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's All About The Kids
Quote | Reply
This past week, tragedy struck my family and my friend. My cousin and close friend, Scott, found himself a single father. Scott and I have known each other for years. We have trained together, raced together and become extremely close. Scott is the most active and good-willed people I know.

Scott's wife suffered from a sickness far worse than any of us imagined -- depression. Scott's wife reached depths of despair nobody in the family comprehended, which resulted in her taking her life life at the early age of 38. She left behind her husband and life partner, Scott, as well as three young children: 12, 10 & 8. The 12 year own found her mother while on their family vacation.

This past weekend we spent time with the family and attended the services. Amy was very active in their local community. The church sat 1200 and was standing room only. I've never felt so helpless in my life. The family is suffering from experiencing a horrible tragedy. Their community showed tremendous support.

I've been a triathlete for over 10 years and a slowtwitcher for over 5 years. I post pretty infrequently, but read religiously. Now I want to share this tragedy with my peers and my community.

I created a fundraising site and memorial video for the kids. What they've gone through is horrific. Losing a parent is a tragedy in its own right, losing your mother to a depression related suicide is incomprehensible. They need counselling and professional help and lots of it.

http://itsallaboutthekids.mydagsite.com/
Last edited by: zwilson: Aug 27, 14 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: It's All About The Kids [zwilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would just like to thank everyone for taking the time to read this and especially thank all of you who DM'd me. I really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: It's All About The Kids [zwilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry to hear about this. What a terrible tragedy. I'll be thinking of this family and kids. I'm sure your being there for them is a great support for their family right now.
Quote Reply
Re: It's All About The Kids [Dtyrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dtyrrell!

As another sidebar, i'll be racing 70.3 Worlds in Mont Tremblant in their honor. If anyone is racing there and wants to give them a shout-out, we'd love to hear you!
Quote Reply