Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It just taint right!
Quote | Reply
For the past two years I was using a San Marco Aspide saddle. It was mostly comfortable for long rides. Since I'm currently training for IMFL I thought I'd try something that was supposedly more comfortable and bought the Fizik Arione tri. At first it seemed a little painful on a mere 20-30 mile ride. I gave it a chance to break in as well as my "area" to break in. After two months there wasn't any improvement, it just plain hurt. So I switched back to the San Marco and suprisingly it still really hurt. So I proceeded to try out the Profile Tri-stryke that has a nice cushy neoprene nose. After a 1+ hr. spin class last night I continued to feel more pain. What gives? Any recommendations on how to pursue this affliction?

Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?
Quote Reply
Re: It just taint right! [morecowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a woman to give you a message on the area in question.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be seat height (too high to too low)

Might be that you need to "dry up"

Might be your saddle angle

Might be your shorts

Might be your position

Might be your hip angle

Might be your sit bones

Lots of things...but it does stink to have those problems. I've gotten a few saddle sores early in the season and a 1cm saddle drop cured the problem, along with extra butter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm. maybe you should stand while you pedal on your bicycle. i see people doing that on bicycles sometimes.

i kid :-) maybe you bruised it or something and you should switch back to the aspide and give it time to feel better. Sucks when you break the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' and it backfires!

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had ongoing saddle issues since getting into this sport a year ago. Tried about 5 different ones. My current best saddle is a Serfas Tri saddle with a QR saddle cover. I'm reasonably comfortable on rides up to around 60 miles. Beyond that, it's taint torture.
You might be a candidate for that Adamo saddle. I am definitely interested in that, but am waiting to hear more feedback. Good luck!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I am having the same problem and it is some kind of bruise type thing. I have been trying to get used to a new tri bike this spring and my junk/taint has been continuously sore. Even my trusty road bike is causing me trouble now. Staying out of the saddle for a few weeks would probably help but that is just not possible at this juncture.

Re: It just taint right! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You need a woman to give you a message on the area in question."

So THAT'S what a private message is!

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me the Arione Tri sucked. I used it for all of 60K. It is too soft in the padding but too rigid in the shell in the nose. I prefer a saddle that has reasonably firm padding but that has give in the plastic shell. The Selle Italia Flite worked for these reasons for may year and recently I have been using the Cervelo branded Selle Italia TT saddle which was great last year.
Quote Reply
Re: It just taint right! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]For me the Arione Tri sucked. I used it for all of 60K. It is too soft in the padding but too rigid in the shell in the nose. I prefer a saddle that has reasonably firm padding but that has give in the plastic shell. The Selle Italia Flite worked for these reasons for may year and recently I have been using the Cervelo branded Selle Italia TT saddle which was great last year.[/reply]

interesting. Maybe i will give the arione tri a try... the only saddle i've ever given up on is the Cerveno/Selle one.

like they say, it's a personal thing.
Quote Reply
Re: It just taint right! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]For me the Arione Tri sucked. I used it for all of 60K. It is too soft in the padding but too rigid in the shell in the nose. I prefer a saddle that has reasonably firm padding but that has give in the plastic shell. [/reply]

Ditto - hated arione tri for the same reason. I like the flite's shell give also, but if you're up on the nose it's hard. I am running a Specialized alias now, so far so good. It has a nice channel/cutout for your taint.

TK
ttbikefit.com
Quote Reply