Prev Next
It's Up(QRoo website)
Quote | Reply
http://www.rooworld.com/2007/
Last edited by: Runless: Oct 18, 06 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geometry got a bit steeper and it says something about switchable dropouts, very interesting
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good looking site and I really like all the new graphics. Nice improvements in geometry too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no groupo specs and no info on these new dropouts. I have to admit, I was expecting something new ala Felt's recent lineup. The geometry changes are nice.... but the whole cocoon thing hinted at more.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRoo makes wetsuits too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take it all back. That is, I take back what I said to the dude at my LBS the other day about the new QR branding and paint jobs being ugly. The Kilo, Lucero, Tequilo and, to a lesser extent, Tiphoon look hot. I'm looking forward to seeing the Calient (it is my dream bike). I think it will take a while for some people to get used to, but the stuff is cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][url "http://www.rooworld.com/2007/"]http://www.rooworld.com/2007/[/url][/reply]

for some reason the geometry looks the same on the lucero and only graphics change..

also it shows the 2006 caliente and seduza.. am i missing something?[reply]
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [prjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those color schemes will be announced late 2006, early 2007 for Caliente/Seduza. Herbert posted about it so you can do a "seduza" search under Herbert's username.

I am sure the website will continue to be updated in the future with news of the custom paint schemes, sponsored athletes, apparel, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the retail on the Kilo? With that new geometry, cosmetic makeover & frame size range, it should sell like crazy.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer,
I thought with that ad they were going to have glow in the dark bikes.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, what are "switchable dropouts"?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the sizing changed for the Tequilo but the Frame Size number seems odd.

The 2006 bike size was 57cm which seems to fit in between a 2007 ML and L.

But the Frame Size c-c (cm) is 51cm for the 2006-57 but 55cm and 58cm for the 2007-ML and 2007-L.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As QR pioneered the steep-angled 650c bike way back when...does the fact that all their bikes are 700c now mean that 650's are officially dead?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, now I'm going to have to upgrade. I really thought I could hold onto my current rig for a while, but the new Tequilo has my Tequilo beat by a mile. The geometry is more what I wanted and it looks a damn sight better. Nice.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice site. The say the Tiphoon is hand crafted to a riders specific requirements using a FIST fit. But then they list geometry for S, M, L.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Oct 18, 06 20:24
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or are the lack of frame size problems an issue.

For me the M is too small, the L is too big. My 57 Tiphoon fits a treat. While I can use a longer or shorter stem to get the right TT measurements, the head tube is way too long on a large and too short on a medium....

I would have thought 5 sizes per model would have increased sales. Only 3 sizes in the Lucero seems a bad move to me.

Like the new graphics tho'
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks like that's the case i'm glad i bought mine 650c caliente this year. and i love it :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Kilo and Tequilo. Nothing else will fit me though, I don't understand the move to only 3 sizes.

I would love to see manufacturers do "regular" and "long" sizing, with top tubes 1 - 1.5 cm longer than the regular sizes. Serotta used to do that with their stock sizes, although I think they have discontinued the practice.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I like the Kilo and Tequilo. Nothing else will fit me though, I don't understand the move to only 3 sizes.

I would love to see manufacturers do "regular" and "long" sizing, with top tubes 1 - 1.5 cm longer than the regular sizes. Serotta used to do that with their stock sizes, although I think they have discontinued the practice.
I would rather see "regular" and "short" sizing with shorter top tubes. It all depends on the individual's proportions.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about "short" and "long". Just semantics.

Generally, if you need a shorter than the normal top tube length, you can go down a frame size and add spacers (I know, I know, spacers are bad). If you need a longer TT, then you have no choice currently but to go up a frame size and use an adjustable stem to get the bar down to where it should be, a la Bjorn.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: More is MORE: Oct 19, 06 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not what I meant. Standard top tubes are too long for my proportions (long inseam/short torso). I end up getting a undersized frame and use stem with a lot of rise.

In all fairness there should be short, regular, and long in order to accomodate everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aka custom?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I end up getting a undersized frame and use stem with a lot of rise.

Is it bad to use a stem with rise? Ideally there would be sizes for everyone, but practically that would be impossible to achieve with off-the-rack bikes.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Do you have any idea of shipping dates for the '07 QR's?

Thanks

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: It's Up(QRoo website) [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, there was a "typo" on their site, but 650c is available for several models.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply

Prev Next