Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv.
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing some cools ads for this.

Congratulations to the crew in Morgan Hill.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Oct 8, 11 17:50
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how fast he would've gone if he'd stuck with the P4 ;-)

(couldn't resist...sorry)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is kind of funny.

It is a cool bike though. I hope the ads are cool.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faster.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best? Maybe. Fastest? Thats still the Speed Concept missing the bike course record by only 8 seconds.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appearantly it is not possible to run fast off the Speed Concept...jk

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure it did yet

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously. I love the commentary from Matt Leito

"If you look at Wellington's run, you'll see she blows up near the end". He kept talking about all the athletes who "blew up" yet left his brother out.

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that is another story...haha.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't argue with course records

Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [NC Fartstorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...can't argue with course records."

This is Slowtwitch. We can argue about anything. ;)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crowie finished his bike 13-14 minutes under what he had done before.

Yes its the engine, the machine can always improve the engine.

I'm Phrom Phoenix!
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [stratman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If you look at Wellington's run, you'll see she blows up near the end".

Dumbest comment of the day. That dude is an idiot.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's in excellent company with MJ.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [jayare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, err, yeah, but....

World Champion bike!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on the fence before the race.

Now I simply MUST own one of those!

Seriously, though....Specialized pulled a masterful coup. Simply masterful. They could NOT have written the script that well if they'd tried.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"They could NOT have written the script that well if they'd tried."

I think they did try, and succeeded. That's almost more impressive.

The bike seems pretty darn nice too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed- Blowing up but stil setting a run course record, if only for a few mins and then only 31 seconds shy. PLEASE get Liggett and Sherwin to do the broadcast next year!
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd ride it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell no, Frey and huddle!!!! And Matt lieto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shiv = the new p3?

Quote | Reply
I got to handle this frame today and was impressed. It appears that every tube is different than the TT version and the adjustable reach adjustment on bars is super trick.
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Shiv = the new p3? "

No. Not to me. Even though this new Shiv appears to be very nice.

The P3 is still the high bar- absolute high bar- of triathlon bikes in my opinion. It was a very original (although not entirely original) design when it was introduced. It evolved and improved through several versions beginning with the first P3, P3SL, P3C and the current P3. That process of evolution has produced a very fast bike that is easier to put in a flight case, is capable of a wide range of effective seat tube angles and many other practical and technical advantages.

The P3 is synergy. A convergeance of optimized design attributes.

I'm not a fan of arguing any one single metric or level of "bestness" to determine the validity of a bike model. I am a fan of a bike that does everything quite well: Easy to build and service with conventional parts and tools, easy to put into and build out of a flight case. Durable. Relatively aerodynamic. Mechanically dependable. Good ride quality, good stiffness. Fits me (low and long).

For me it's tough to beat Cervelo's P3. My second favorite is their P2.

That said Specialized has come a long, long way with this new design it would seem.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Oct 8, 11 21:06
Quote Reply
Re: It's Settled: The Best Bike is the Specialized Shiv. [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. I've only seen photos and articles. That said, the design appears to be more toward an aero "consensus" than previous efforts and I do like the photos I've seen of the hydration system. That is clever. It looks cool too, and that is a factor in what people buy.

There are a number of good design themes on the new Shiv. Big advancement for Specialized. Well done.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soon a 70 year old man will buy one and will walk into a bike shop one day and complain of a bladder problem.
Quote Reply

Prev Next