Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Perform ?
Quote | Reply
I was trying to find info on the Powerbar Ironman Perform drink that will be on the bike course. I am trying to test it out during training but there but there are two different versions. One has a black label and the other has a gold label. The black label one is not on the Powerbar website. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing these labels? Mix or bottled? I can tell you the mix tastes nothing like the bottled stuff (what you'll get on-course). The bottled has a way more sugary, sweet taste. It didn't seem to upset my stomach any after training with the mix only but I drank about half water and half Perform on course. I'd try to find the bottled stuff if possible. Or at least mix it on the heavy side. I still think the mix is good stuff with lots of sodium so I've continued to use it in my regular training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bottled version is not available at retail anymore....the only Perform you can buy is the mix.

Personally, I like the mix quite a bit (slight salty taste).....but the bottled stuff is crap. Tastes like perfume and bears no resemblance to the mix.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both the black & gold label of Ironman Perform are the identical product, it's just the gold is the most current label.

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Tastes like perfume and bears no resemblance to the mix.

Funny you say that as I read this thread topic as "Ironman Perfume"

What would that smell like, hmm

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [theweiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theweiser wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Tastes like perfume and bears no resemblance to the mix.

Funny you say that as I read this thread topic as "Ironman Perfume"

What would that smell like, hmm

Hot ass and cabbage

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I echo Power13's comments. I grabbed a bottle at the second aid station at SG 70.3 and chocked it down for 20 miles. I hadn't tried it before (I know...) and the lemmon lime tasted like it was swished in Mr. T's mouth before being bottled and handed to me. Luckily it wasn't part of my nutrition plan, just a little addition, a nasty one at that.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I literally spit water out at my desk.

Yum hot ass and cabbage it shall forever be in my head.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
The bottled version is not available at retail anymore....the only Perform you can buy is the mix.

Personally, I like the mix quite a bit (slight salty taste).....but the bottled stuff is crap. Tastes like perfume and bears no resemblance to the mix.

I have the exact same impressions. The mix is good. The bottled stuff you get at races is terrible. I find the twist top of the handout bottles kind of awkward and they don't fit in cages as well as standard bottles. I was glad I had two of my own bottles of the mix at bike special needs during my Ironman.

The bottled stuff isn't very pleasant tasting, but at least it didn't upset my stomach.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [aTomic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gone are the days of gator aid

The harder the challenge, the more fruitful the reward!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [IBCNU04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After speaking with a nutritionist at Power Bar I found out the black and gold are the same products just the black label one is an older version. He says they should taste the same as the bottle ones but unfortunately the bottles aren't available for retail like you guys have said.
Thanks everyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
After speaking with a nutritionist at Power Bar I found out the black and gold are the same products just the black label one is an older version. He says they should taste the same as the bottle ones but unfortunately the bottles aren't available for retail like you guys have said.
Thanks everyone

Or you could have just read my post up top ;-)

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianPBN wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
Thanks everyone

Or you could have just read my post up top ;-)

---
I was just reaffirming what you said ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So are most people training with the mix and using the handups on course? Even if they are not similar in taste, consistency, and dilution?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Perform ? [rbtripp5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbtripp5485 wrote:
So are most people training with the mix and using the handups on course? Even if they are not similar in taste, consistency, and dilution?

They are supposedly the same in terms of mix, consistency, etc....but the flavors are clearly different 9even for a given flavor such as lemon-Lime).

I train with the mix, since it is as close as you'll likely get to the hand-ups on the course.

That said, I got lucky Sunday in Racine. I took a large CamelBack bottle on my DT with the mix in it. Luckily it was not very warm at all and I was able to get through the bike section w/o having to resort to any hand-ups. The bottle was insulated (and frozen overnight), so my mix was realtively cold the whole bike leg. Had it been any warmer, I probably would have had to take a bottle at the thrid and final aid station.

had some of the Orange Perform on the run course for thef irst time....not as bad as the L-L (but still not great),

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply