Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Maryland [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep hot in Sept. is def a possibility. This is the east coast,
so the weather is unpredictable. Did Chesapeake in 2010(Like others am not in it to qualify) and it was about 90 degrees at the hottest point in the day. The bike course is totally flat and there is no shade.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [Evan1055] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evan1055 wrote:
Good, because I always wanted to pay 250 more for ChesapeakeMan. If WTC takes over B2B I'm taking my bike and going home.
Don't be an IM hater on this one, Coulmbia Tri went under and IM bailed out eagleman and cheasapeake man, otherwise the races would be gone, but you can still take your bike and go home if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [slkrcyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slkrcyn wrote:
Yep hot in Sept. is def a possibility. This is the east coast,
so the weather is unpredictable. Did Chesapeake in 2010(Like others am not in it to qualify) and it was about 90 degrees at the hottest point in the day. The bike course is totally flat and there is no shade.

It will be interesting to see if Challenge AC and IMMD take pressure off the rush to sign up for IMLP starting next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously interested...but will Cambridge be able to handle 1,500+ and family? Better start looking for hotels this weekend...

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [slkrcyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being a meteorologist and thinking about racing here in 2015 if still around, the race that is, I went and researched temperatures. Looking at past 5 years for a date range of Sept 18 thru 22nd for Baltimore and Salisbury, which Cambridge is in the middle of. High temps range from near 70 to near 85 with the median being in that 75-80 degrees. More often than not, if it is cooler it will be humid and likely with some rain. If it is warm it will be fairly sunny.
These temps BTW are not much different than Lake Placid in July, maybe 2-3 degrees warmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any luck with hotels?

Head Coach Grn Mchn Multisports Coaching, LLC
http://www.grnmchnmultisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
Seriously interested...but will Cambridge be able to handle 1,500+ and family? Better start looking for hotels this weekend...

They did every year for Eagleman. You may have to go to outlying areas like Denton and Easton, but it is still not that long of a trip to get into town.

If they still start the race where they did Chessieman, then you start the swim at the resort hotel and swim up river to the park area where E-Man transition was.

The only thing that was a little weird about Chessieman is that it was a point to point swim, then a whole separate area for bike to run transition (at the high school). I do not know if that has changed, but when I did the aqua velo back in '07 this was the case. Since I wasn't running I didn't care much, but for others it could be a bit of a hassle to need to worry about all the various transition issues. Who knows, that may have changed in 7 years .....

Re: Ironman Maryland [DanSzajta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DanSzajta wrote:
Any luck with hotels?

I booked in Easton as backup, but hoping to get something at the Hyatt. WTC should open up a booking portal soon, but WTC should do a lot of things...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [Daremo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to see some maps on this...any idea where I could find them? Obviously the Tri Columbia site is down. I found the Eagleman bike course on MapMyRide and rode that the other weekend for kicks.

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If coming this way your best bet should be to book a place in Easton, St Michaels or perhaps Oxford. All three are more interesting places than Cambridge, but all are more interesting to adults than to children. Any one of those will put you within 30 min of the transition area(s) on race day. Backups may have to be bigger towns like Salisbury or as far away as Ocean City. I would go the VRBO route on this one anyway and avoid hotels. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [DunnRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3276461

But, as others have noted, this will probably change...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell through Active.com how many people are registered?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [the V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's impossible to determine
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
That's impossible to determine

My bad, I thought you could see the registration list to tell by searching for blank. I know you can do that for some active races, and thought someone said before you could do that for IMs.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [the V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pulled the trigger, now let's hope WTC has there ducks in a row and can get us some info out on this race soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [iron07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will likely be many transfers for this race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Judging by the amount of people discussing that here you're probably right:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=5042550;page=1;mh=-1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I called the Hyatt last week I was told it was sold out on Saturday but had some rooms available on Thursday and Friday. Not sure why they would allow people to only book for Saturday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:

That looks like a flat bike course- any idea on how the new course will be? I'm thinking this will be a nice first IM for me in 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [Old Carolina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Carolina wrote:
kileyay wrote:

That looks like a flat bike course- any idea on how the new course will be? I'm thinking this will be a nice first IM for me in 2015.

You couldn't find a hill near Cambridge MD if you looked for it. Titanic gusts of wind, on the other hand....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just completed the transfer process from IM Florida to IM Maryland.....it went pretty well and cost $50 even thought the Florida race was more expensive but the money saved on travel and hotel makes it well worth the switch. IM the company always finding a way to make a buck but what can ya do....

Im looking forward to this race---I did Chesapeake man 1x and liked the no frills aspect and less crowded racing conditions but found the race day support lacking....I think a full IM event was too much for Tri-Colombia as I had done Eagleman 3x and their Olympic distance race several times and always thought that they were great. well organized races.

Any word on course changes or what IM is expecting as far as registrations?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hotels are sold out but below is a website for home and condo rentals.

http://www.vrbo.com/...tern-shore/cambridge
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [shaidar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you can definitely tell the Lake Placid homeowners must have called and given a heads up to the Cambridge homeowners. Some of the rental rates on vrbo are insane!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Maryland [Fruitcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whats the likelihood this event is around in 2015?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
whats the likelihood this event is around in 2015?

Why wouldn't it be?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply

Prev Next