Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Louisville
Quote | Reply
Was just told that the Seelbach and the Galt House hotels will be official headquarters for the event. Both are in walking distance to Great Lawn. The Seelbach is an older hotel at the end of the finish line and right next to Fourth St. Live, the entertainment district. You can literally walk out the front door and have a cold beer or a burger and some fine restaurants. It's a beautiful hotel, but not as big as the Galt. Both are giving $139 room rates, which from what I know about downtown Louisville hotel rates is unheard of. But the city is getting behind this, and this is another example of that.

Most of the Ironman events, however, will be held at the Galt. The two hotels are, let's see, about four city blocks from each other. The Seelbach, for your information, entertains the rich and famous during Derby festivities. Willie Nelson stayed there three weeks ago. Dick Cheney was there this past Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville [Jeffs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool place (the Seelbach). Nice, old world charm there. Some story about some huge old tree as part of the bar or something? Been there giving a lecture for a medical conference. Have not been to the Galt House, but I have a room reserved already :)

And thanks again for the informative posts! Looking forward to some more "finalized" bike/run routes.

Re: Ironman Louisville [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In due time. On my way out the door to Kona. That should be an experience I won't forget.
Quote Reply