Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement..............
Quote | Reply
Seriously, what is the matter with these people

we've agreed a new date.................but we can't tell you, so here is an announcement to let you know that there will be a further announcement later............

Honestly............
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement.............. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

we've agreed a new date.................but we can't tell you, so here is an announcement to let you know that there will be a further announcement later............

Honestly............

Isn't that exactly what the athletes from IM Texas, IM Maryland and IM NC wanted? Some communication. Anything. Just at least something?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement.............. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Honestly............

Isn't that exactly what the athletes from IM Texas, IM Maryland and IM NC wanted? Some communication. Anything. Just at least something?

This. Honestly I am totally cool with them having logistical issues that require rerouting/shortening courses. These things do tend to happen. It's OK. But please be up front about what's happening! I was unfortunate enough to get caught in both the IMTX and IMMD debacles, and having been a past participant of B2B, I was somewhat personally invested in finding out what happened with IMNC. All I really want as a consumer of these events is communication when things aren't going smoothly.

Granted, I am coming to race the field, not "finish an ironman" so my concern over shortened courses is only because I need to know what distances I am training for. In any case, all I really ask is that Ironman keep up the communication when things are likely to change.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement.............. [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Honestly............

This. Honestly I am totally cool with them having logistical issues that require rerouting/shortening courses. These things do tend to happen. It's OK. But please be up front about what's happening! I was unfortunate enough to get caught in both the IMTX and IMMD debacles, and having been a past participant of B2B, I was somewhat personally invested in finding out what happened with IMNC. All I really want as a consumer of these events is communication when things aren't going smoothly.

Granted, I am coming to race the field, not "finish an ironman" so my concern over shortened courses is only because I need to know what distances I am training for. In any case, all I really ask is that Ironman keep up the communication when things are likely to change.

After dealing with IMTX, I have zero issue with this announcement as to France. The announcement says they will disclose the date on November 8. They probably have to cross the i's and dot the t's before making anything official. The announcement also says it will be the first event on the promenade after 7/14/2017, so do the math on that. Not sure what else the OP wants from them. This is far better than the complete lack of communication they have exhibited in the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement.............. [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IF it is about a date change, then this is exactly what they should do.Some people book way in advance to get the best deals, so if you know that it is going to change, you can hold off on those non refundable tickets, or the ones that have penalties for changing dates.

So they don't know for sure what the deal is, but there is a deal, this is exactly what they should do..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's like service in the restaurants in Paris.....just be happy you got service and they did not take your money and kick you out without proper food.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman France - Announcement that they are going to have an Announcement.............. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree - but there is no need to say anything, its 10-12 days before the 8th November, no one was speculatively booking anything following the announcement that the date would change, this says nothing.

No one can conclude anything about a new date till they tell us, its just wasted bandwith as it tells us nothing.

For the sake of 10 days it seems to me like a none value add e-mail
Quote Reply