Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Canada regristration is Bullshit !!
Quote | Reply
Does anyone feel the same way I feel about Canada , why do i have to go to canada to sign up , this is ridiculous ... is there an easier way
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman Canada regristration is Bullshit !! [theTrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel the same way but...

it's classic supply vs. demand. It's the IM market at its most extreme. Kinda neat when you really think about it compared to the other NA M-Dot races. Hmm...race around Phoenix or through the stunning Canadian wilderness? That IS a tough decision.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Each participant can register her/himself plus one other person for the next year. So, if you know someone doing the race this year have them register you. Print out any IMNA application and fillo it out so your registering person has all you info and give them a check, payable to Ironman Canada (check this to make sure that's correct) for whatever the registration amount is. If you don't knoww anyone doing this year's race, look at the hometowns on the registrant list for this year and find someone who lives near you. Contact that person and ask them to register you. The year I did IMC, I got 4 or 5 emails from people I didn't know offering me gifts if I would register them. The other method, which I used, is to enter the IMC lottery and hope you get lucky.
Last edited by: janiceb: Aug 12, 05 9:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to go. There are other ways to get in.

1. On site reg

2. Enter the lottery. Any leftover slots after on site reg go into a lottery. I think it's $20 to enter.

3. Community fund slot

4. Qualify
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude... IMC has a TON of qualifiers.... many in the US... you definately don't have to 'come up to Canada' to get a spot.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada regristration is Bullshit !! [tri-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like what
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you...straight off the IMNA website. This should make you very happy... you don't have to come to Canada !!

http://www.ironmannorthamerica.com/qualify.html

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In person is a great way for getting volunteers out. The people I train with either do it every year or do it every second and volunteer in their off years.

One year, the guy behind me in line flew in from Germany to watch the race and register.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada regristration is Bullshit !! [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMNA is crap. Sign up 1 year in advance, get injured, get chump change back...... Sure it's supply and demand, but I agree with Casey - look for a non MDot race. See you at The Grand Columbian in Washington state on Sept. 17.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada regristration is Bullshit !! [hansps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I'm a big fan of the community fund. I did it last year for Coeur d'Alene. Its $1000, but normal registration is about $425, so you are paying $575 extra. And that entire $575 is tax-deductable, so you will pay (575*.4) $230 less in taxes. So on the whole you are paying $345 extra for the Community Fund slot. In addition, you get some extras like t-shirts, hats, a low race number next to the pros, free entry to pre-race clinics, etc. I even got a race jersey and shorts last year. And if all that is not enough, the community fund slots are usually available for a long time - so you can purchase closer to race day.

That's my call. I'm going to avoid the crowds and pay that extra amount - which goes to a good cause anyway.
Quote Reply