Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Canada/Holiday
Quote | Reply
Hi

Hopefully i will get a place in IM Canada 2007 and am planning to use this to spend some time touring the BC region. My first idea is to spend a week on Vancouver Island and then work our way around to Penticton via Pemberton,Kamloops,Revelstoke and Rossland. Do people think this would be practical and could anybody suggest hotels, sights that would be worth taking in on the way

regards

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada/Holiday [andypart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm originally from BC, and was out in the Okanagan for a wedding this August. I would highly recommend taking some time to explore the area, but, no offence to anyone from Pemberton, Kamloops, Revelstoke, but you're not missing much. Rossland is nice, but I'd personally recommend going along Hwy 3 from Vancouver to the southern Okanagan. Manning Park is amazing and has some good hikes and camping. The fruit stands in Keremeos are legendary, and the Osoyoos area and lake are gorgeous. You can then drive up the Golden Mile and hit wineries and orchards on your way into Oliver. The Cactus Motel is where a lot of people for the wedding stayed and it seemed nice enough. Then it's about a 30-45min drive to Penticton from there. Kelowna is about 30min north of Penticton, and is a cool town with some beautiful areas along the lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada/Holiday [CanIronClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed that the drive from Vancouver to Penticton is best along Hwy #3 if you are going direct. However, if you go the "back" way via Whistler/Pemberton/Lilooet/Kamloops you will get to drive along some of the most spectacular roads with some of the most amazing scenery in all of North America. The drive from Pemberton to Lillooet and then north along the Thompson river Valley is particularly beautiful. You will need to leave yourself a few days to do this.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply