Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman CDA slots
Quote | Reply
Curious on how what the experts think on slot allocations at Cda with 65 slots. How many M35-39 and M40-44 do you think there will be? Brutal day over here today.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [mrw42976] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [mrw42976] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say of my 6 IMs this was the toughest. Challenging course combined with some rough conditions. Congrats on the finish. How did you do?

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The second bike loop was insane with the wind. Definitely was not prepared for that. It seemed like turnaround would never arrive!

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
The second bike loop was insane with the wind. Definitely was not prepared for that. It seemed like turnaround would never arrive!

That second lap was killer. Hope the guy that went down after the no pass section is ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 guys went by me on the downhill no pass zone like maniacs! (and it wasn't just my girly descending, I was following a bunch of people).

Which bit of 'no pass zone' didn't apply to them I wonder???

Anone else notice the girl wearing an ipod on the run? She had a towel round her neck and the leads were tucked under it, but the ear phones were pretty obvious up close. Why do some people just think the rules don't apply to them?

And that second loop was demoralizing. NO other word for it. Trashed my legs for the run and they never came round.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and me both on that second bike loop.

That forest fire was actually the implosion of my legs riding into the fan. I had to soft pedal the return voyage to avoid massive cramping. It wasn't pretty, but I checked that course off my list.

Congrats to all the finishers, anyone who grabbed a Kona slot was well earned.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 3/3 in races with people rocking headphones. On an IM? Well, at least it's a long day. But to the people I've seen do it on sprints, ugh. Follow the rules people.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Callin' wrote:

That second lap was killer. Hope the guy that went down after the no pass section is ok.

Yeah, that guy crashed hard - I was going up the climb as he was coming down and saw it happen about 5 seconds in front of me. It seems like he was passing one or two people and got pushed into the rumble strip, but hard to tell - his bike went flying and bounced into the lane of auto traffic. Another guy and I going uphill stopped, as did a couple coming on the downhill. The other guy moved his bike and someone else directed traffic around him since we figured he shouldn't be moved. The cops came really quickly - not sure how since none of us had cell phones. Once they arrived, we got back on our way.

He was conscious but in a bad way - broken collarbone at the least. There were a bunch of emergency vehicles that quickly followed the initial two police cars, so kudos to the local crew for getting right on it. I hear that wasn't the only crash - a woman apparently got blown off the road by the vicious winds. Tough day out there!

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman CDA slots [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on you guys stopping to help the guy out. There was one guy still there directing traffic when I went by going up on lap 2. Very grateful to see other athletes taking a break from their race to help a fellow competitor.

I talked to a woman at my hotel Monday who also went down on that down hill section, although it happen higher up. She said the sudden wind took her down. She was scraped up, banged up hip, but finished her bike and run. I hope the RD will address the wind possibilities in the future pre-race meetings so folks would have it in their heads.
Quote Reply