Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a hunch,

Luke Bell and
Kyla Marcotte (4:07)

GO KYLA!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts; Major in 4:29:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy Potts

Lisbeth Kristensen 4:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bell & Badmann (4:24)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy Potts
Alisha Lion 4:29:45 :) Go Alisha!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [BriBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cunningham, major (4:32)
although will be pulling for the marsh family
Last edited by: TXsoftrider: Mar 30, 07 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [str8dum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bell and my girl Alisha Lion
4:31

Alisha's flying these days, but it will be a cold swim. I tried to get her to come out to Jordan with me to swim in the 58 degree water, but NOOOOO, she was busy. :) I say Des Ficker for the womens' race. Not a clue for the men.

Edit - so Desiree isn't racing. Hmmm. I guess I would have to do some research to make a pick.

Go Alisha!

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Last edited by: aliciap: Mar 30, 07 19:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potts and Lavelle (4:30)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luke Bell
Becky Lavelle - 4:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potts, Badmann.....2:28.30
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you trying to cheat???? potts is already in the lead out of the water as you write this post!!!!!!!!!! should be a fun race!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Alisha's flying these days, but it will be a cold swim. I tried to get her to come out to Jordan with me to swim in the 58 degree water, but NOOOOO, she was busy. :) I say Des Ficker for the womens' race. Not a clue for the men.

Edit - so Desiree isn't racing. Hmmm. I guess I would have to do some research to make a pick.

Go Alisha![/reply]

Yay! Awesomeness...Alisha's out mid-pack and less than 5 minutes off the leader. She could definitely win this thing. Sweet!!!!!

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's ok jonny, he's going to have a tough time winning the hat when he picked Badmann...the only Natasha in the women's pro field is Natasha Filliol ; )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah.....well it s ok if so!!!!! but i m really desapointed desiree isnt racing.... i guess i better go train now!!!

see you in a few weeks!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, what time did the race start anyway??? No cheating, but it is no big leap for anyone to know that Potts would have won the swim anyway......If he wins this race, it he will have to outrun Bell today....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Potts will win it no problem. He has a 2:30 lead into T2, and he outran everyone by almost three minutes last year...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty,

I predict that Potts is going to win, at least by 3 minutes. Kate Major for the women.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, you're good!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now seriously, these would be my picks for the win. These watered-down races are getting increasingly easy to predict.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would have been more interesting with Macca and Ficker in there...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca vs Potts would have been AWESOME! :-) And also some more depth in the field would be good, especially for the women's race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 And also some more depth in the field would be good, especially for the women's race. \\\[/url]

If you look at the prize money breakdown, then I'm actually suprised that they got as good of fields as they did for both the men and women.. Not much $ for a hard half, 4th goes home breaking even on expenses, maybe.......It's ok $ for the win, and they got solid winning performances, but these guys and gals could make a lot more money going elsewhere..I woulod bet that Macca gets 15 to 20k for start money in Europe now, so why race for a fraction, unguaranteed????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree 100%. Watered-down races start with watered-down prize-money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And also some more depth in the field would be good, especially for the women's race. \\\[/url]

If you look at the prize money breakdown, then I'm actually suprised that they got as good of fields as they did for both the men and women.. Not much $ for a hard half, 4th goes home breaking even on expenses, maybe.......It's ok $ for the win, and they got solid winning performances, but these guys and gals could make a lot more money going elsewhere..I woulod bet that Macca gets 15 to 20k for start money in Europe now, so why race for a fraction, unguaranteed????

Do races such as this never give any guaranteed money to big names? Is that only common in Europe?

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Oceanside - Pick the winners - get a signed Gatorade hat! [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not privy to Ironmans start money policy, but over the years it has been small or non existant..My best guess is that some pros got expenses paid for, but certainly not many of them...I bet most had to pay their own entry fees, if not all of them......
Quote Reply

Prev Next