Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interesting quote re CSC and Cervelo
Quote | Reply
From cyclingnews:

As the directeur sportif in the following car Hoffman knows what physical signs to look for in Zabriskie, which will show how he is feeling. "Zabriskie is very focused right now during the time trial and we can see this by the look on his face," said Hoffman. "He did a good warm up and then he knows what to expect from himself. I know when he is racing well because I can see his form as I am following him. Zabriskie is riding great for right now because you can see that he is pedaling very smooth and he looks very relaxed and fluid. He is also very comfortable on his time trial bike that is made just for him. Zabriskie does a lot of testing on his time trial bike and he trains on his own custom bike at home. Right now we can see in the speedometer that Zabriskie is going over 50 kilometers an hour and he can hold this speed for a long time but, he is still pedaling very smooth with out rocking his back or neck."

???????????????

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting quote re CSC and Cervelo [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Guru and Cervelo are doing a collaboration? The guys up in Canada are teaming up and making the P3C...with custom geometry.

I want mine painted with a Labatt Blue paint scheme.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll wait to hear Gerard's comments...the Cyclingnews guys aren't known for fact accuracy and/or checking in their reporting...there are problems in just about every bike review they do...sometimes it seems they write what they wanted to hear instead of what was actually said...
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting quote re CSC and Cervelo [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine they are making custom frames, I could be wrong. Who knows what they mean by custom you know? Custom frame? Custom build? Hell the build on my 7 year old Cannondale is custom.

I remember hearing a quote from Trek about Lance's bikes and it was something along the lines of "We don't produce custom frames for Lance, but chances are that our high end carbon bikes are designed for a rider like him and then the average person can go out and buy them and ride them. They aren't designed for the average person and given to Lance to ride."

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the frame certainly isn't custom, the complete bike build obviously is. The bars are sized for him, the saddle customized, the crankset, etc.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply