Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Infinit drink carbo question
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm really confused about how Infinit calculates carbs in its drink.

I just got an order and was frustrated that the nutrition label says 57g of carb, when I had specifically set my order at 40g (I've been getting a rumbling tummy lately).

So I went to the web site, and at the bottom of the formulation screen where it clearly says 40g there's a little "Nutrition Information" link, and it says 57g of carbs. I've set the fluid rate to 20oz per hour so that by my reckoning I should be dealing with one serving all the way around.

I tried removing all the flavor from the equation, but that seemed to only be moving the carb count on the nutrition label by a couple of grams. I also tried a whole new formulation, and it does the same thing.

Any ideas where the extra carbohydrate grams are coming from?

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit drink carbo question [P2SLow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael Folan (username InfinIT 1) monitors ST & should be able to help you. If not, try logging on to the forum on InfinIT's website. Both should be very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call the number on the website (513-791-3500). Michael will probably pick up on the first ring and will be extremely helpful. If you didn't get what you expected, he'll work with you to get it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi all,

I'm really confused about how Infinit calculates carbs in its drink.

I just got an order and was frustrated that the nutrition label says 57g of carb, when I had specifically set my order at 40g (I've been getting a rumbling tummy lately).

So I went to the web site, and at the bottom of the formulation screen where it clearly says 40g there's a little "Nutrition Information" link, and it says 57g of carbs. I've set the fluid rate to 20oz per hour so that by my reckoning I should be dealing with one serving all the way around.

I tried removing all the flavor from the equation, but that seemed to only be moving the carb count on the nutrition label by a couple of grams. I also tried a whole new formulation, and it does the same thing.

Any ideas where the extra carbohydrate grams are coming from?

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike. I have had this question a few times. The "other" carbs are coming from the flavor blend. It contains sucrose. So the more flavor you add, the more gms outside of the carbohydrate slider box will be there.

I would suggest keying in on the total calories in the box at the top of the page. That calorie box incorporates all of the calorie sources including the flavor system (sucrose), the glucose/maltose blend, and the protein or aminos.

We will have the second incarnation of the slider pages out fairly soon. That is our first try and it works OK. But now that we have been doing this for a year I want to make some things (like what you questioned) better.

Hope that clears that up. We have a nutritional discussion board if you need further clarification about anything. I moniter that forum fairly closely.

Michael

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply