Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor riding when visiting NYC
Quote | Reply
For those of you who travel for work (or pleasure), interested in getting your take on how/where you ride indoors when in NYC. I have a couple of go-to hotels in Chicago that have Peloton bikes in their gyms but I haven't found much in NYC. I am willing to go somewhere that I can get a ride in outside the hotel (like a specific gym that has good bikes) but mostly want to do my own thing, so looking to avoid the Soul Glo Flywheel or whatever the latest and greatest is. I am traveling more these days so just cross-training isn't cutting it as I mostly focus on cycling now.

Admittedly a niche question but thought I would try... Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [callofthewild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
callofthewild wrote:
For those of you who travel for work (or pleasure), interested in getting your take on how/where you ride indoors when in NYC. I have a couple of go-to hotels in Chicago that have Peloton bikes in their gyms but I haven't found much in NYC. I am willing to go somewhere that I can get a ride in outside the hotel (like a specific gym that has good bikes) but mostly want to do my own thing, so looking to avoid the Soul Glo Flywheel or whatever the latest and greatest is. I am traveling more these days so just cross-training isn't cutting it as I mostly focus on cycling now.

Admittedly a niche question but thought I would try... Thanks!

Check this place out...my friends own it but it's a different vibe than the Soul Cycle type places.

https://www.swervefitness.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Earl, at tailwind, has a computrainer studio and a couple of cycleops bikes at set up on 72nd Street.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tailwindendurance.com, but then, I may be biased. We have 2 cycleops bikes with SPD pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome recommendation - I will definitely check this out. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [callofthewild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another vote for Earl at Tailwind, haven't ever been there myself but my sister in law that lives in Manhattan is a regular there and speaks very highly of them and she is a sub 10 ironman finisher.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor riding when visiting NYC [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for tailwind. They're great.

I should be able to get you a week pass for Chelsea Piers. There is a wattbike there and the spin bikes also show power. There are computrainer classes there too but Tailwind is easier to register, more class times, etc. PM me if you're interested
Quote Reply