Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Lionel rode 1:57

Fastest bike of the day. He’ll be happy.

In a relay...sure..

Last splits seemed a bit off, Stornes dominated but 2nd and 3rd seemed like a battle between Long and Thorn....then Dubrick comes out of nowhere to take 2nd?

On the women's race I think Lovseth will take it easily. Is this her first 70.3 race? Really dominant ride, but a bit surprised that se lost 2:30 on the swim considering she is an Olympian.
Quote Reply
Re: [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
What happened on the last split for make pros? Shake up
With <2 miles to go Long had a 51 second lead on Dubrick. Dubrick ovetakes him close to the end, still 1:16 behind Stornes.
#4 Thorn
#5 Laundry
#6 Foley
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Dec 3, 23 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope somebody filmed that, shane we couldn’t see it.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

It’s only 1min faster than Sam. Doesn’t seem very impressive since it’s all he had to do.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All relative to the power he pushed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

It’s only 1min faster than Sam. Doesn’t seem very impressive since it’s all he had to do.

Did I say YOU were going to be impressed? I’m sure he doesn’t care, I sure don’t.

I said he’s probably going to be happy, since in another thread it was mentioned he was out there testing some aero stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Agreed. If he had to run the wheels would have come off.
Quote Reply
Re: [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan! wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Which makes Sam’s 1:12 even more impressive.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan! wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Nah, he would have run a similar time to his usual
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Bryan! wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Which makes Sam’s 1:12 even more impressive.

Absolutely. Good on him!
Quote Reply
Re: [Mike.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike.A wrote:
Bryan! wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Nah, he would have run a similar time to his usual

Nah man, the Brians know exactly what watts he pushed and they some kind of crystal ball.

JFC, all I said was that it was the fastest bike and these dudes had to extrapolate to a horrible run. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

He had not intended on smashing the bike. He was taking some measures.

He is is at a very different stage of his prep for next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn’t say anything about what Lionel could have run. I’m just saying since all he had to do was bury himself on the bike I would have expected him to be more then 1min faster then Sam who had the fastest pro split and went in to run a 1:12.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
I didn’t say anything about what Lionel could have run. I’m just saying since all he had to do was bury himself on the bike I would have expected him to be more then 1min faster then Sam who had the fastest pro split and went in to run a 1:12.

When he puts out the video with the commentary if HE says he buried himself I’ll say you were right, but until then we know nothing other than it was the fastest bike and you are just assuming things and passing them as fact.
Quote Reply
Re: [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Løvseth rode 2:15 (so the intermediate timing mats were poorly labelled).
Has a 6 minute lead on Jewett (et al) which will not be enough. Wonder if Løvseth has ever run more than 10km in competition.

Daily reminder that short course athletes are generally:
1) Fitter than long course athletes
2) better runners across all distances
3) run bigger volumes.

Lovseth is “not a natural runner” (more of an Emma Jeffcoat than an Ash Gentle), she's hanging in the middle of top 100 in various World Triathlon rankings, finished 48th in the Grand Final and will compete in Paris on account of the Norwegian relay team's standing; and yet ex pro runner, #1 runner in middle distance and actual gazelle Jewett couldn’t make up more than 4 minutes out of the deficit.

Max Stapley called this one pretty well.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Dec 3, 23 12:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Lionel was staying disciplined within his power numbers he could be onto something with his new bike setup..
Also we have to consider the draft-fest that happened at the front of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

When he puts out the video with the commentary if HE says he buried himself I’ll say you were right, but until then we know nothing other than it was the fastest bike and you are just assuming things and passing them as fact.

I’m stating an opinion, not a fact. Are you always this obtuse?

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Ah, so now we are taking the “it’s just my opinion, man” exit. Got it.

Your comments don’t read like opinion, nor the other Brian’s.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=8049457#p8049457
Quote Reply
Re: [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes to the 1st statement.

It may be a wash in terms of who had the better "drarting" scenarios. He being in a relay likely was able to benefit greatly from "riding through the field". I believe his draft rules as a relay team weren't the same as the pro's (who can't slingshot). But of course having to ride through the field can be a very scary predictament.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Løvseth rode 2:15 (so the intermediate timing mats were poorly labelled).
Has a 6 minute lead on Jewett (et al) which will not be enough. Wonder if Løvseth has ever run more than 10km in competition.

Daily reminder that short course athletes are generally:
1) Fitter than long course athletes
2) better runners across all distances
3) run bigger volumes.

Lovseth is “not a natural runner” (more of an Emma Jeffcoat than an Ash Gentle), she's hanging in the middle of top 100 in various World Triathlon rankings, finished 48th in the Grand Final and will compete in Paris on account of the Norwegian relay team's standing; and yet ex pro runner, #1 runner in middle distance and actual gazelle Jewett couldn’t make up more than 4 minutes out of the deficit.

Max Stapley called this one pretty well.

Yep, time we accept that most Ironman 'Pro' Races are actually featuring glorified age groupers who only get near the front due to lack of competition. Time and time again we see these European no-name short course athletes come up to middle distance and dominate.

Wait til guys like Luis, Wilde, Van Riel etc move up full time. Game over for Sam, Trevor, Jackson and co
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

On ST you are not allowed to say anything that can remotely be interpreted as negative towards Lionel. Opinions and/or facts do not matter and you are also expected to totally ignore the actual winners of the race in all post race comments in a race specific thread.
Quote Reply
Re: [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone post top 5 males and females please.
Quote Reply
Re: [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Can someone post top 5 males and females please.

Here you go..
IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells 2023: Red letter day for Norway as they dominate at La Quinta - Elite News - TRI247

PRO Men
  • 1. Casper Stornes (NOR) – 3:38:59
  • 2. Marc Dubrick (USA) – 3:40:15
  • 3. Sam Long (USA) – 3:40:27
  • 4. Vetle Thorn (NOR) – 3:40:51
  • 5. Jackson Laundry (CAN) – 3:42:44

PRO Women
  • 1. Solveig Løvseth (NOR) – 4:08:24
  • 2. Tamara Jewett (CAN) – 4:10:19
  • 3. Jackie Hering (USA) – 4:14:09
  • 4. Lesley Smith (USA) – 4:18:23
  • 5. Gabrielle Lumkes (USA) – 4:22:05

Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Dec 3, 23 12:52
Quote Reply
Re: [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for asking. Maybe it won't become another Lionel thread just because Lionel went on a relay team for fun while much faster people raced the adult race.

PRO Men
  • 1. Casper Stornes (NOR) – 3:38:59
  • 2. Marc Dubrick (USA) – 3:40:15
  • 3. Sam Long (USA) – 3:40:27
  • 4. Vetle Thorn (NOR) – 3:40:51
  • 5. Jackson Laundry (CAN) – 3:42:44

PRO Women
  • 1. Solveig Løvseth (NOR) – 4:08:24
  • 2. Tamara Jewett (CAN) – 4:10:19
  • 3. Jackie Hering (USA) – 4:14:09
  • 4. Lesley Smith (USA) – 4:18:23
  • 5. Gabrielle Lumkes (USA) – 4:22:05

https://www.tri247.com/...-2023-results-report

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, like I said it would have been great to see that battle between Sam and Marc, they were so close the last mile or two. Hard to judge from the tracker.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply

Prev Next