Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s
Quote | Reply
I recently switched from Garmin 610 to a Suunto Ambit 2s and for the life of my cant figure out how to upload new workouts from the watch to Movescount. ive been on the manual and the Movescount site and can't fkng read or Im too dumb. The Garmin was so easy to me and didnt take much to learn but Im finding the Movescount software to be a PIA. Definitely took for granted the familiarity of the Garmin software when I made the switch. So Ambit users how the fck do I upload my workouts??? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've downloaded Moveslink2, right? That's the little Suunto program that connects your Ambit to Movescount.
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, you need moveslink2. also worth looking at the twitter feed for suunto and for movescount to make sure nothing's off with the system.

also, when you hook up your watch to your computer (i'm assuming you're using the cord) does the computer notice it? is it charging? do you get the "Ambit found" message?

i like my suunto when it's on my wrist. but i don't like the movescount stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have moveslink2 set up on my computer and the watch is connected to the computer and it charges but I don't think I'm getting an "ambit found" message.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not a good sign.
you could try running moveslink 2 before attaching the watch.
nothing you should have to go through with a new toy, but that could help.

i didn't have this sort of trouble when first starting out. i've had more issuessince then. the suunto people have been good to deal with. the problem is that the moveslink/movescount people act as though the only reason anyone buys a suunto watch is to be able to use movescount. it's an unfortunate situation. like i said, i like the suunto while it's on my wrist. not so much when dealing with teh software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moveslink2 is really finnicky, I have to run it as an 'administrator' in order for it to connect and upload properly. Not sure why this is or how to change it, but its been over a year of frustration and just accepting it. Sometimes playing with how the charger is positioned on the watch is required to get it to upload and not just charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you do the movescount setup in the beginning where you register, software update, and pick out which watch you're using, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes I did the movescount setup in the beginning but Im thinking I may have to do it again since I had sent the watch in for repair (cracked face). I'll try that again tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My PC with Windows XP has no problem recognizing the watch. Other PC with windows 8.1 doesn't.
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [newinnycus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem with Win 7 here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine can be funny in that sometimes it does not register if its connected to the USB lead and I plug it in, if I then unplug it and reinsert it, it then registers - the connection for charging / updating is pretty crap but I like the watch
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [newinnycus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The old computer I have my Moveslink/Movescount set up on is running XP - no problem with it seeing the watch when I connect it. I haven't tried it on my Win 7/8 machines yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Ambit 2s is finicky, on my old home computer sometimes it works, sometimes not.
On my work, it works most of the time.
Try using a different browser [chrome doesn't work that well, firefox does], or a newer OS.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Im a complete dumbass please help me with my Suunto Ambit 2s [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I ended up reloading movescount with Firefox and it seems to be working better. For some reason though the moves don't load properly the first time I attach the watch to the charger but I have to do it 2 or 3 times then it will upload to 100%. Not perfect but working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It might be a long shot, but check the prongs on the charging cable that clamp onto the watch.
I had a few cables where the prongs got pushed in and wouldn't spring back out. Which led to slow/failed uploads.
Quote Reply