Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iliopsoas pain from swimming?
Quote | Reply
I have a habitually terrible kick and I have been working hard to get it better. I get pretty sore in my upper leg area where the core meets the leg, I think that is my iliopsoas? It is mostly sore the next day or day after when I lift my leg up... Does anyone else have any experience with this? What did you do to keep it from being a larger problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Iliopsoas pain from swimming? [thejunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is indeed your psoas, it may be just really tight. If that is the case, a cheap and easy solution is to buy 4 lacrosse balls, tape them together into a pyramid (three as the base and one on top), lay on it and find your psoas. You will know you are on it when you feel it tug on your back. Roll out 3 x per day until the pain goes away, and then stay on it once per day for maintenance.

Hope it works for ya!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.boostswimming.com

Jeff’s bio
Quote Reply
Re: Iliopsoas pain from swimming? [Boost Swimming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else get this? I feel like it is from kicking in the pool so Ive stopped doing kick drills for the time being, but when I am doing ab workouts it is still persisting. It is only on the right side... Is there anything else I can do? Will this be a nagging injury?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it's the psoas and not just the sartorius or rectus femoris?
When I feel a sore psoas I feel it up into my ilium (hip bone) - the others are more when I have soreness from kicking that feels like it is as the hip crease. It could be either, but in my experience it's likely not psoas from kicking.
Try to engage your glutes a little more - kick with short fins (zoomers are good)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also think I may have inflammed my Iliopsoas while swimming. I'm a same side breather and the repetitive motion on the right side of my lower back is a possible cause.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently fighting this issue in my right hip. Fought it over the summer in my left hip. Couldn't get it to go away for about 5 weeks. Tried a bunch of stuff and not sure which thing fixed it. If anyone has a good solution, let me know..I'm over two weeks in fighting this one, and I want to be ready for Christmas hell week with my team.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply