Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys
Quote | Reply
http://www.ceramicspeed.com/...ew-headset-offering/

The 3D printed hollow Oversized Pulley Wheels

Between March 10th and 12th, a beautifully handcrafted traditional road bike will be awaiting at the CeramicSpeed booth at NAHBS and vows to be a real beauty.One of the novelties to be introduced on this occasion is a set of 3D printed hollow Titanium Oversized Pulley Wheels. Modern technology meets handcraftsmanship inspired by nature, in an exclusive set of Titanium Oversized Pulley Wheels.

Featuring an organic design drawn from the Danish national flower, the marguerite daisy, the unique pattern of the 3D printed pulleys combine CeramicSpeed’s values, deeply rooted in the Danish tradition for quality, with function and top performance. Having a closer look at the elements of nature, the in-house R&D team combined the smooth arches of the daisy with the hollow, yet strong architecture of a grain straw, perfected by the 3D-printing technology.

Compatible with all CeramicSpeed OSPW Systems and fitted with handmade high-end CeramicSpeed bearings, the pulleys have been designed to be 10% lighter than the aluminium versions and are twice as durable. To ensure the lowest friction, all sets are fitted with coated CeramicSpeed bearings. The purpose of the 3D printed hollow Titanium Oversized Pulleys is to make use once again of the most innovative technology available perfected into a state-of-the-art product of the highest quality.

The OSPW Systems fitted with the 3D printed Titanium Oversized Pulleys will be retailed at €1500 / $1700.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 10, 17 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just when I thought consumerism in this sport couldn't become any more crass and absurd, the most overpriced, patently ridiculous equipment manufacturer in triathlon goes out and attempts to triple their product margins. And yet they are doing this as reasonably priced competition for their products is coming to market. So they are not only greedy; they are stupid too. I feel embarrassed for every person who has purchased one of these products at anything close to retail pricing.

And wow. Can you believe this ad copy? It sounds like something plagiarized from a Mary Shelley novel. Let's recap:
  • "handcraftmanship inspired by nature...organic design drawn from the Danish national flower, the marguerite daisy"
  • "hollow, yet strong architecture of a grain straw"
  • "3D-printing technology"

What a bunch of fruit cakes.

The only thing I can think of nice to say about CeramicSpeed is that they seem to employ an exceptional mechanic -- two words I have never used together in my life before now. Soon that guy will be working for Dan Kennison and SLF Motion, when they eat CeramicSpeed's lunch in the marketplace.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
http://www.ceramicspeed.com/...ew-headset-offering/

The 3D printed hollow Oversized Pulley Wheels

The OSPW Systems fitted with the 3D printed Titanium Oversized Pulleys will be retailed at €1500 / $1700.

Stuff like this really makes me want to go in the business of making a similar product for $50. This isn't helping triathlon and cycling expand. It creates the elitist stigma that is cycling and triathlon.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa, April Fools is still a few weeks from now. Did someone at Ceremic Speed accidentally hit the 'send' button?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they have a payment plan?
$50.00 bi-weekly payments over a year and half. Makes this priceless watt saving tool affordable for anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shhh don't tell people about SLF! I am excited to see what their oversized system looks like this summer. Love my pulleys from them and love how responsive Blake is to emails.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. We just need a few more of us to invest and I bet we could have a great company. OR just wait until TriRig does this.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Agreed. We just need a few more of us to invest and I bet we could have a great company. OR just wait until TriRig does this.

Maybe Dan would allow us to use a badge for our products too *** SLOWTWITCH FORUM APPROVED ***

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Shhh don't tell people about SLF! I am excited to see what their oversized system looks like this summer. Love my pulleys from them and love how responsive Blake is to emails.

Agreed! I haven't bought anything from Blake yet but he is super fast in responding to my questions.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All products designed and approved by Slowtwitch! Funded by forum readers.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need Approved by Tom A. stickers!

Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 10, 17 13:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as he pays for the decals, we will use them.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [elynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elynch wrote:
Triathlon marketing is some of the best I have ever seen. When I first got into this sport I bought into all of the product hype. I just read Iron War and thought about all of this a lot. The bikes, shoes, etc... that were used in the 80's produced some of the best times the sport has ever seen. I don't even try to justify my purchases anymore. I buy stuff because it looks cool!

I too just finished that book and loved these fast times that could still win Kona today yet they're racing on a road bike in a cotton baggy tank top with their feet duct taped to their pedals.

Those guys had cojones for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
We need Approved by Tom A. stickers!

Bags to buy the first approved brake disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to say that if you have a lot of money and a passion for Tri , or just cycling , there are many ways to spend that money. Not all of them cost effective.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
suggestion:

donate $1700 to charity, and keep riding the exact same pulleys you're on now. you will be exactly as fast, and the world will be a slightly better place.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want someone to come on here and justify buying them. The pricing is crazy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's for the 1%'er who has everything else!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're missing the point ... this is a "novelty" item that was specifically created for a trade show.

To, you know, get people talking.
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
I think you're missing the point ... this is a "novelty" item that was specifically created for a trade show.

To, you know, get people talking.

Yes, I know that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to distinguish between this notice, and your other product mailbot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
That's a bargain. Think of it this way: you spend so much time and money on training, can you really afford to throw that all away with sub-optimal pulleys.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Stuff like this really makes me want to go in the business of making a similar product for $50. This isn't helping triathlon and cycling expand. It creates the elitist stigma that is cycling and triathlon.

You might be right, but with multi-million dollar cars sprouting up every other week and selling like hotcakes, I think triathlon has a long, long way to go to catch up.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: If you thought the P5-X is expensive, Ceramic Speed releases $1700 pulleys [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

You might be right, but with multi-million dollar cars sprouting up every other week and selling like hotcakes, I think triathlon has a long, long way to go to catch up.

I bet the people who here are who are responding with the most vitriol and outrage are the people going through the strongest internal struggle to not buy it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next