Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win?
Quote | Reply
80 miles. Mostly Flat, with some rollers, and some wind. Slight uphill finish.

Open categories to all ST members....but members of ST only.

Mark...set....go......
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [RollHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler or nslkevin.

/thread

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that "MTM" is a level above those two.
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [RollHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe provide a real name too so we can look up USA Cycling results. : )
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe those two, I would add Jordano.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And bjorn maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a pro racing as an age grouper...

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris Boardman...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RollHard wrote:

Mark...set....go......

JackMott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the race you described would have a very strong chance of ending in a group sprint. My guess would be someone who also frequents fasttwitch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Norman Stadler
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

JackMott

Pink?

He wouldn't even win the Cat 3 division.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 31, 15 11:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RollHard wrote:

Mark...set....go......

Road racing is not about who is the fittest, but is a combination of fitness and tactics.... so it depends on how it plays out on the road.

I've never come close to winning a road race, but the right attack and set of conditions.... there is still no chance of me winning. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sign me up, sounds like a perfect parcour :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road racing is not about who is the fittest, but is a combination of fitness and tactics.... so it depends on how it plays out on the road.

A more interesting question is who would win a 40k TT...

Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there was a time machine available for this race then hard to look past Boardman again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RollHard wrote:

Mark...set....go......

How about PT and Noreen on their tandem, if there was a spot near the end with a chunk of downhill and/or wind sufficient to attack and gap the singles, who then decided to bicker like the bunch of Slowb^Htwitchers they are about who should do the work to get back on. #ELTOUR

[edit: no slight to Noreen but for more of a lock, put Riccitello on the back with PT on the front, reprising Jimmy's winning ride with Gord Fraser from around the turn of the century. ]
Last edited by: skip: Jul 31, 15 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My money's on Paul Thomas.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Maybe those two, I would add Jordano.

Maurice

+1

I bet he'd dust all of us triathletes. He's the only pro cyclist who regularly posts here, AFAIK. Following him on Strava is humbling.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He's the only pro cyclist who regularly posts here, AFAIK."

there's another pro cyclist on the forum mentioned just above. except i think he's demoted himself to CAT 1 on the basis of his team affiliation this year. but he is his state's pro road champ last year.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul or Jordano if the wheelsuckers can be dropped.

more importantly, what bike would win?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Carl Spackler or nslkevin.

/thread

Does Saul Raisin still ride,
.............i like your picks though, especially with tactics.
Last edited by: Kenney: Jul 31, 15 17:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
michi weiss of course...
Quote Reply
Re: If Slowtwitch hosted a road race....who would win? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:

A more interesting question is who would win a 40k TT...

That would be interesting because it would pit the pro triathletes against the good masters TTers, for the most part. It'd be close. I imagine both would be right around that 48:00-50:00 minute range for 40K.

(ignoring the possible handful of pro roadies)

Maybe we should organize a ST amateur roadie vs. pro triathlete smackdown TT day.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 31, 15 17:38
Quote Reply

Prev Next