Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ian Boggs - IU College Nats
Quote | Reply
I just have to believe this kid is the progeny of Bryan Boggs?? There was a time in the midwest every single race I went to in the late 80's Bryan was busting the tape first. What a pedigree this kid has if it's him....dad swam at IU for Councilman. USAT AG National Champ, English Channel finisher and to boot one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. If you showed your back side to Bryan in a race not due to wave starts you were indeed a manimal. He was in Bloomington when Rob Mackle busted onto the scene as well geez I remember when they used to show up to the 10 mile TT just north of town in the State Forestry and just destroy everyone it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAztAO16UlY
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Apr 17, 14 1:38
Quote Reply
Re: Ian Boggs - IU College Nats [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is. Ian also swam at IU and was an Olympic trails qualifier. I haven't seen anyone beat him locally yet, so I guess he is following in dad's footsteps.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Ian Boggs - IU College Nats [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tulkas wrote:
He is. Ian also swam at IU and was an Olympic trails qualifier. I haven't seen anyone beat him locally yet, so I guess he is following in dad's footsteps.

Very neat! If he's half as nice as his old man the sport will be better for it super humble guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Ian Boggs - IU College Nats [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws
Your right on all accounts. Great family and Ian is wicked fast! We in Indiana have and will enjoy watching him for a long time!

His Dad...not so much. LOL! Him and all the others that won a majority of the races around the MidEast were all in my age group; Smitty, Forsee, Labinski, and many more. It sucks to be 52 in Indiana!

Thanks for the post!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ian Boggs - IU College Nats [Stindiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stindiana wrote:
tigerpaws
Your right on all accounts. Great family and Ian is wicked fast! We in Indiana have and will enjoy watching him for a long time!

His Dad...not so much. LOL! Him and all the others that won a majority of the races around the MidEast were all in my age group; Smitty, Forsee, Labinski, and many more. It sucks to be 52 in Indiana!

Thanks for the post!

No one his build ran that fast in the day. I want to say Columbia Nats? I remember looking at the results sheet seeing a 33 something thinking 'omg this guy must eat road kill and galvanized nails for breakfast!'. Bryan was a stocky muscular guy.
Quote Reply