Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I will pay someone
Quote | Reply
Seriously, I am willing to pay someone to create the course for me to use on my computrainer for Whistler. I have read every post I can find about building courses. I ahve sent racermate questions about this. I have asked specific questions here about it, but I can not figure out how to do it. I have tried just building a course based on some local rides and nothing I dont know / can make gpx files etc . I am going up to Whislter to ski next week and will drive the course with my 310XT. I have seen / been told it is possible to take that data and turn it into a course. Please someone want to make some extra cash and use that data to make the course.
Quote Reply
Re: I will pay someone [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't even have a computrainer but if you get the data i can do it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not 2 burst in on ya, but I have been trying to find a course map (computrainer) for the Philly-tri (not as complicated as Whistler...)

I hear it's out there, but no luck as of yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been a while since I've built a course from a GPS track, but it was seriously simple from what I recall. Did you download the Course Creator software (http://www.computrainer.com/rm_inc/garmin.htm) and the manual on how to do it (http://www.computrainer.com/...uals/GPSCCmanual.pdf) from RacerMate? After you drive the course (set the 310XT to bike mode, no autopause, 1 second sampling), from the 310XT you'll get a TCX file sent to Garmin Connect. All you need to do is log into Garmin Connect, choose the new "Activity" of your reconnaissance drive and select "Export" and choose the GPX format, then use that GPX file in the Course Creator software. This is what I seem to remember as being what worked, and cut/pasted from the Course Creator Manual:

• Select Create a new Course for either 3D or PC1 and click Next.
• Select “From existing GPX file” and select Next.
• A “Select File” dialog will open where you can browse your system for existing GPX files.
• Select the GPX file and click Open. The course will be saved within the folder preselected in the Preferences screen.

Good luck!
Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try this

http://www.4shared.com/file/8xtm5zRT/course.html
Last edited by: Desmarais: Jan 15, 13 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you drive the course and have the tcx file you can use Racermate's GPS Course Creator tool to make your course. The 310 will give you gps elevation so I'd recomment running it through other software (Garmin Connect, Sporttracks, etc) for elevation correction before creating the course. The Racermate tool is pretty rudimentary and I wouldn't expect much from the result. I tried it a couple of times after they released it w/o cost online. By this point I was done with 3D riding and do all my workouts in ERG mode now.

The creator of ErgVideo did a lot of programming work on Computrainer software tools years ago and sold the software to Training Peaks. You can find it offered here. The REAL3D module allows creating and editing 3D courses. I doubt these products have been updated in years. WKO+ 3.0 hasn't seen an update in a long time and it is their primary (desktop) software product.

I suppose you could pony up for the latest Racermate One software if it is actually offering course creation. I know this feature was promised originally, but I haven't bothered to check what Racermate has delivered to date in that package.

Instead of driving the course you can try creating the gps file from online mapping using something like MapMyRide or BikeRouteToaster then running one of the 3D course creator tools. DCRainmaker runs through an example here. You'd want to export to a GPX file instead of the example CRS.

While searching for the online mapping info I found this old ST thread. The yosts script for creating CRS or GPX files with Google Maps works fast!
Quote Reply
Re: I will pay someone [Desmarais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really am fairly smart when computers are not involved. I cut / pasted that link and downladed whatever it is that was. What am I supposed to do with that. Sorry I am such a helpless turd with this.

Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you end up driving the course yet? I ran the course through Google Maps as I described above and it yielded 7,500 feet of elevation gain. An earlier poster found about 8,000 feet using another mapping product. The IM profile shows 4,200 feet and a former area resident posted that this is about what he remembers for the course. +/-500 feet isn't a concerned compared to double the elevation gain!

BTW I ran used the yost script to generate a gpx and then used Racermates topo course creator for a 3DC file. It seemed to work, but I haven't run it on a computer. The course creator existing course statistics showed 7,000 feet of elevation gain and labeled the course "Easy." Funny.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you the 3DC file to try. I wouldn't expect much with Racermate's software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.mapitpronto.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=Home.home
Use the search and it might be on here. I think the format is right.
Quote Reply
Re: I will pay someone [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you able to get a computrainer file of Whistler? I am thinking about the race for 2015 and would love the computrainer file. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/367353000

yes, not computrainer but maybe someone can do something with it. I refuse to do trainer rides, thankfully I don't have to!

Found this as I had done Penticton and wanted to compare it to Whistler. Essentially I looked at the profile and distance, where the climbs were, grades, and mapped out a ride where I train that was more difficult, higher grade but about the same distance climbs and stretches of down hill and flat in between. It was here on his blog http://www.shutuplegs.org/...histler-bike-course/

Last edited by: madonebug: Aug 1, 14 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried bestbikesplit.com?

They have the course here: http://www.bestbikesplit.com/public-course?c=8232

You select a course from its database (or upload a file) put in your bike and rider info, it models it for you and then spits out any file you want. Computrainer ERG, Garmin Course Power Race Plan, etc. If you give it your ftp and target percentage, or goal race time, it will add dynamic target power needed along the route for you.

Download four files for free, then you have to get a premium membership, but premium comes with a bunch of other features like yaw modeling, estimate yaw/cda from your files, etc.

Found it myself today. Tried modeling the NYC tri i'm doing on Sunday. It already had the course in its database, so v/ easy. It predicted a time extremely close to what I had calculated based on my known cda and ftp. Impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: I will pay someone [madonebug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I figured it out shortly after the post. I have it broken down into 4 28mi sections 2 56 mile sections and 1 full course, ( never rode the whole thing though). Like most CT courses it is tougher than the real thing. My best combinded time for the 56 mile sections, done on different days was 535ish and during the race in 2013 I rode a 505.
Quote Reply