Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need suggestions for new tires
Quote | Reply
Vittoria, Continental, Zipp? 700 tubular. Need suggestions quick. I have a race next week. I will be having to order them online. LBS only carries clinchers. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: I need suggestions for new tires [igadave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like Continental Competitions for racing and Sprinters for training, yes I train on tubulars. I have heard very good things about Zipp tires as well but have not tried them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If someone has any experience w/ the zipps please give me some feedback the online shop I usually use is out of the continentals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Continental tires rec (I race on Sprinters since I don't carry a spare tubular)

Quote | Reply
Vittoria or Veloflex. I like the extra puncture protection of a Kevlar layer under the tread with Vittorias. Veloflex are super supple and fast though...

Zipps are made in the same factory as Vittorias. Basically the same tire from what I hear. Were some reports of leaky valve stems here and there. But the tires are supposed to be very fast. Same ride as Vittorias with superior aerodynamics. That is according to Zipp; I don't know that it has been tested independently.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: I need suggestions for new tires [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Tufo's, and try World Class Cycles

http://www.worldclasscycles.com/

I've purchased all of mine from them, super helpful and quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp are great tubulars..........all black too.....so the look nice.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply