Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Im from Argentina and will be travelling for the weekend to houston and Im looking for a Pool where I can swim a couple of days and pay just those days, anyone knows where can I go? Ill be near George Bush International Airport but will have a car.
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [gabyraff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimmersguide.com look one up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can head to the Woodlands Natatorium which is about 15 minutes north of the airport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have a car which is good because there is nothing near the airport. Houston kind of sucks as a city, but the area by IAH is particularly bad. Anyhow your best bet is the lake Houston family ymca or Conroe ISD natatorium. The Conroe pool is great but there isn't much open swim time. basically 9 am - 1pm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be a bit far for you but if you're interested in some open water swimming Lake 288 http://288lake.net/ is on the south side of Houston - at the least it would get you away from the north side for a while. Pretty sure its still $9 to swim.
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be a bit cold over there for open water swimming what do you think? Im looking for a public pool or similar only to go and swim one day I got an answer from Villasport Athletic Club but they charge $30....too much for 1h30 swim!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what the current temp of the lake is - you could probably contact them for that info.
Whenever I have swam there it has been in a wetsuit as a warmup for early or late season events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might want to see if a nearby LA Fitness or Planet Fitness has a pool. then buy a few day passes.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [scooter58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scooter58 wrote:
You can head to the Woodlands Natatorium which is about 15 minutes north of the airport.

If this is the CISD pool, I second this recommendation. Awesome facility.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gabyraff wrote:
It might be a bit cold over there for open water swimming what do you think? Im looking for a public pool or similar only to go and swim one day I got an answer from Villasport Athletic Club but they charge $30....too much for 1h30 swim!

It's going to be too cold for OWS. My guess is the lake is in the 50's.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what I said - just right for OWS ; )
Of course I grew up in England and would waterski through the winter when there was ice around the edge of the small lake/pond we skied on.
One of the benefits of moving to Texas, the locals think the water is cold from November through to March so we get the lake to ourselves and finally get some glass conditions for some decent slalom/boarding sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This isn't all that close to where you're staying but I've swum at Williams Indoor Pool http://williamsindoorpool.com/location/ a bunch of times when visiting there. Lots of lanes, lots of lap hours, never that crowded when I was there and $5 drop in rate.
Last edited by: Emzee: Feb 5, 16 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can try here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/..._Buoyancy_Laboratory
/pink font :)
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Pool in Houston, recommendations? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
you might want to see if a nearby LA Fitness or Planet Fitness has a pool. then buy a few day passes.

There are a good bit of 24 hour fitness especially around Houston with pools that may have a week long trial or something also. That's where I swim. The CISD pool is close, but just has weird hours to be open to the public.
Quote Reply