Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I got third in local indoor tri
Quote | Reply
I know, nobody cares. But this is really an update post on my progress.

You may remember me as the guy that crashed at Savageman. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5260123

Basically, 6 months ago I broke most of the right side of my face and had a bunch of spinal fractures. Had facial and spinal surgery, spend a week in the ICU and had my jaw wired shut for about 7 weeks. Now 6 months later I am feeling pretty good. Having surgery again next week to take the rods out of my back.

Sadly this was likely my last tri for the near future. I just don't have the desire to get back on my bike right now. Never really liked swimmming. That puts me back to being a pure runner. Maybe I will come out of tri retirement when I am in the 50-54 age group and make another attempt at a KQ. And I still need to go up the Savageman wall. Crashed before I had the chance.

Be safe out there.
Quote Reply
Re: I got third in local indoor tri [jonahsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. I had wondered how you were recovering after reading about your very impressive crash..

Glad to hear that you are having the opportunity to get active again, whatever the sport.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you are back in action, that Savageman course is tricky.

I did the LT Fitness indoor tri also, those things are fun and a good training event!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CONGRATS!!!!
That sounds like a horrendous bike crash so do to come back so quickly is quite an accomplishment. Good for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've come back from that horrendous crash faster than i've come back from horrendous plantar fasciitis. well done! and good luck with the upcoming surgery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good work.
That sounds like a massive crash and a difficult recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to bounce back.....very inspiring!!!!!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a crash (not like yours) . I didn't break any bones. My steer tube on my tri bike (Aegis, stock fork) broke for no known good reason and I ended up sliding on the asphalt face first for a long way. I lost some teeth, tore up my face, had lots of road rash. I missed work for a few weeks. Eventually I climbed on my mt. bike and went for a ride hoping my bike wouldn't fall apart" on me. It was hard for me to get back on. That was 5 years ago. I no longer imagine my bike failing me again! It took some time.
I understand you may not want to bike again for a long time but maybe it may be good for you just to hop on a bike a do a little recreational riding soon. Good Luck on your recovery!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good to get back as quickly as possible. I had a bad bike accident about three years ago. I went back to riding and competing as soon as possible. I have metal rods in my back and pelvis, but they're never coming out.

I can relate to your dislike for swimming. I don't mind training in the pool, but the chaos during races takes some of the "fun" away. Good luck with your recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonahsdad wrote:
I know, nobody cares. But this is really an update post on my progress.

You may remember me as the guy that crashed at Savageman. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5260123

Basically, 6 months ago I broke most of the right side of my face and had a bunch of spinal fractures. Had facial and spinal surgery, spend a week in the ICU and had my jaw wired shut for about 7 weeks. Now 6 months later I am feeling pretty good. Having surgery again next week to take the rods out of my back.

Sadly this was likely my last tri for the near future. I just don't have the desire to get back on my bike right now. Never really liked swimmming. That puts me back to being a pure runner. Maybe I will come out of tri retirement when I am in the 50-54 age group and make another attempt at a KQ. And I still need to go up the Savageman wall. Crashed before I had the chance.

Be safe out there.
Nice job mate, and keep moving forwards !

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've come back from that faster than I've a broken ankle...

Sorry about the crash, but I'm sure many people here will be inspired by your story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm happy to hear you're doing so well in your recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the road to recovery and getting back to competition!

Cheers!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply