Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I fianally got on the podium
Quote | Reply
I got a 3rd place in my div. for an oly at the Western States Police and Fire Games. The race was at Donner Lake which is about 30 miles East of the Reno, NV area. The bike was tough. It went over Donner Pass. Coming back down was a blast. It was very fast but the curves were just wide enough so that I didn't have to hot the brakes that much. Way fun. It was a great venue. It felt good to have trained hard with the focus on this race and have it all come togrther on race day. I'd never been to the Tahoe area before. It's beautiful up there with tons of good riding. On the way home we were already planning another trip back up there. We're thinking of riding/camping our way around Lake Tahoe.
Quote Reply
Re: I fianally got on the podium [grumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With your handle I expected you to be angry that you had to stand on the podium.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: I fianally got on the podium [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he just stood there, got his award and kinda growled at the other two guys...

Congrats!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. I actually got on for the first time this weekend as well--won my AG. Only thing was there were only 11 people in it.
Quote Reply
Re: I fianally got on the podium [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to Grumpy and to you Gator1736, and pssst...don't tell the part about there being only 11 people in your AG., say, instead, there were only 12 of us brave enough to compete. I can be a great spin doctor!

-----------------------------------------------------
"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you might find you're missing all the rest"

Dave Matthews
Quote Reply
Re: I fianally got on the podium [Sweet Pink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to be with a name like sweet pink

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh? And "Stallion"? Maybe you're spinning too?

"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you might find you're missing all the rest"

Dave Matthews
Quote Reply
Re: I fianally got on the podium [Sweet Pink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey now, I've had more than one girl roll off and say, "So that's why they call you the Italian Stallion". By more than one, I mean two. But hey, Its a nice ego boost.

- Nick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I don't spin, I'm more of a masher.

- Nick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And that's endearing...

;)

Dave Matthews
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conrads. I would love to have placed that high. Going to work on my bike for the next year and see if I can improve my standings.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply