Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU - Chris Braden?
Quote | Reply
6 Americans on the start list for Cape Town - don't think I've heard of Chris Braden. Scouting report? Young guy? Perhaps a front pack swimmer who can bike and run 27:30 off the bike for 10k?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: ITU - Chris Braden? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raced him at the collegiate level. He's got a great swim and run combination. That was 2-3 years ago, though. If he's improved a lot on the bike he can hang with the WTS crowd, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scouting report, sick runner, beastly biker, incredible swimmer. Great guy. Hope he does well. It's about time he gets a chance up front. He's 24, so younger side I guess, is 24 still considered young in this game?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU - Chris Braden? [Chris Athey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I hope you guys aren't messing with me... Time to do some Athlinks and USAT for more info.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't play with those things, just trust what you're being fed. He'll go fast. That's all he does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dude is a beast. He will be a guy to watch for sure.

I think he was a CU Boulder guy. Super nice and easy to like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
6 Americans on the start list for Cape Town - don't think I've heard of Chris Braden. Scouting report? Young guy? Perhaps a front pack swimmer who can bike and run 27:30 off the bike for 10k?

Colin is correct as is Chris Athey. Chris Braden was at CU when I coached there - one of the most talented kids I've had the pleasure of coaching. When he's healthy he's an unreal racer - and his swim has improved quite a bit and he's young but has a great future. I'm hoping he has a great race.

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU - Chris Braden? [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be interesting to hear his thoughts after today. Things played out well for him - packs came together, big group start on the run. Looks like he was a few minutes behind McDowell on the run, which is similar to their results at 2014 World University games.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
It would be interesting to hear his thoughts after today. Things played out well for him - packs came together, big group start on the run. Looks like he was a few minutes behind McDowell on the run, which is similar to their results at 2014 World University games.

Pure speculation on my part: Chris has had some run injuries in the past and maybe his run is not where it 'can' be - not sure on his recent volume or his training. In addition, he may have been more of a worker bee, helping some of the other US guys get off the bike with the main group - so he could have been smoked from that effort?

What is not speculation: He's run a 50:36 15k, when he was a sophomore, I think. So, he has run talent. http://presidiosports.com/...-fourth-of-july-15k/ - not world class by any means, but he's young and has a great work ethic.

Mike Ricci
Quote Reply
Re: ITU - Chris Braden? [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to tell what was going on in his section with the leaders getting most of the TV time, but that bike looked really taxing with all the accelerations and covering of moves.

Glad to see new faces out there!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Hard to tell what was going on in his section with the leaders getting most of the TV time, but that bike looked really taxing with all the accelerations and covering of moves.

Glad to see new faces out there!

I agree - they were all bunched up, but the pace was hot. Alistair never lets off the gas. He's changed the way DL is being raced - it's all out! Much more exciting.

Mike Ricci
Quote Reply