Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITT day before Oly Tri
Quote | Reply
Dearest tri geeks like myself whom also pretend to be road racers:

I have my provincial ITT championship scheduled on a saturday this year, with my favourite tri of the year scheduled for the same sunday. Any wisdom as to how much recovery is required for a 40k TT? My gut feeling says "not much", as it's basically just an hour (lol maybe longer for me) threshold effort?

Advice? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run PR's: 18:05 - 36:58 - 1:22:59 - 3:07

Quote Reply
Re: ITT day before Oly Tri [umcade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you want to peak for your tri, or are you doing it just for fun? Because there is no way I'd be able to perform very well the day after peaking for and doing an all out 40k.
Quote Reply
Re: ITT day before Oly Tri [umcade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
umcade wrote:
Dearest tri geeks like myself whom also pretend to be road racers:

I have my provincial ITT championship scheduled on a saturday this year, with my favourite tri of the year scheduled for the same sunday. Any wisdom as to how much recovery is required for a 40k TT? My gut feeling says "not much", as it's basically just an hour (lol maybe longer for me) threshold effort?

Advice? Thanks!

Have you ever done a 40K TT before? I ask because most people who have wouldn't describe it as "just" an hour at threshold. As a point of reference, I usually have trouble walking for the rest of the day after a 40K TT. I raced one yesterday and I can certainly still feel it in my legs just walking around the office.

If you don't care about how you do in the tri, then race both. If you do care about doing well the tri, don't race a TT the day before.
Quote Reply