Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM Attack
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden the new ISM Attack seat? Im riding the prologue and im getting a bit of chaffing cause the nose is to wide. Curious to see if the attach is narrower.
Last edited by: Taylorman: Apr 29, 13 14:49
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Attach [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming you are referring to the ISM Adamo Attack, then yes, I have one, have ridden it plenty, and for me, that narrower width seems to have solved the chafing issues that I experienced with the Podium, even after zip-tying the prongs of the Podium (to narrow the spread of the prongs). I still find my Dash Strike.9 to be the most comfortable saddle out there (another n=1 of course), but the Attack works much better for me than the Podium.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Attack [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

ISM Attack works fine.

Been riding it about a month or so.

I like it.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Attack [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
+1

ISM Attack works fine.

Been riding it about a month or so.

I like it.

What did you ride before?
Why did you switch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride have ridden the Road, Race and am now on the Podium on my P3 and R3 and the attack on the S5. The podium, breakaway, prologue and attack are the 4 saddles in the "long and 'narrow' " category while the TT, Racing, Peloton and Road are in the "short and 'wide' " category.

Back to your question though, the attack and the podium are the same in the nose section, however the attack is narrower and the "widest" point of the saddle by 10mm on each side. I don't have a prologue so cannot tell you if it is narrower or wider than the attack in the nose. I just measured my attack at the nose and it was ~55mm.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Taylorman and All,

I rode a Profile Design for a long time - it was worn out.

I used an ISM Breakaway and it worked better than my old Profile.

Now I have the ISM Attack and I like it best so far.

I might want to try the Sitero when it is available as I think it may be lighter than the Attack.

I will want to sit on it first however since I have narrow hips and the Attack is working so well, especially when I am low on the aerobars.

When I got the ISM Breakaway I rented first and tried it - then bought it.

This is a great program at TriSports:

http://www.trisports.com/...-saddle-program.html

(I had an opportunity to try the Attack at Interbike in Las Vegas so I knew what it was like before I ordered.)

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanted to bump this older thread so as not to start a new one.

I've been a fan of the Adamo iterations for years now. They are on my road, mtb, cx and tt bikes, when I have those bikes available. Previously I had found the newer longer Adamo versions like the prologue caused a bit more chafing, and the TimeTrial to cause the least, with the Road, Race, etc. falling somewhere in between.

This new Attack is absolutely incredible, though. I would imagine that the gripe most people had, which was that this style of saddle in general was too wide, has been solved. Yes, the prongs up front are just about as wide as ever, but they have to be otherwise it would not be an effective saddle. What is counter-intuitive to most, or at least myself, is that the chafing has been eliminated by making the back/body of the saddle narrower, not the split nose up front.

I can't say enough good things about this saddle, it is far and away the best I've ever ridden, and I've tested a LOT of saddles.
Quote Reply