Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM in 6 weeks, one week holiday - training...
Quote | Reply
Just looking for ideas on the best way to maintain the fitness I've got while I'm away on a weeks holiday. Not looking to make any gains, just keep losses to a minimum as training hasn't been going too well and its only 5 weeks to the big day when I get back. There's a gym and a pool and I'm happy to give up an hour a day, early before everyone else is up.
Do I aim for 20 minutes each of SBR per day, or a full hour of one per day or.... thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: IM in 6 weeks, one week holiday - training... [Shutt58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may do an IM in 7 weeks. Still trying to recover and get back to training after my appendix surgery a week ago. I am just going to wing it,

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar situation prior to my last race. It really depends on the training you have been doing up to this point. I also caveat that his is what I did and it worked out for me.

I solely focused on running and swimming. Took a week off from trying to sqeeze in bike because it takes a lot of time. I increased my run mileage paying attention to how I felt. I went from 35 mpw to 50. I also split quite a few of my runs betwen morning and evening. My total workout time for the week was quite a bit less and allowed for a decent "recovery" week.

When I got back I got right back to a few hard weeks with the bike and had a great race.
Quote Reply