Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Wisconsin accomodations
Quote | Reply
I'm considering racing IM Wisconsin next year and was surprised by the limited available accomodations despite the venue being in a major city centre.

Any accomodations tips from others who have done this race ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin accomodations [writersblock12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are hotels all over downtown within walking distance from the start... could it be that the hotels you are searching haven't opened the race weekend dates for reservations yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have registered for this race twice (deferral from COVID). I had hotels booked at AC Marriott Madison Downtown and Hyatt Place Madison Downtown. Both a few blocks from each other. The AC is less than half mile to transition/start/finish. Hyatt Place is about a mile away.

I never ended up doing the race.

As was mentioned, it's likely hotel reservation systems aren't booking for Sept '24 yet. Most open up 10-11 months out.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 26, 23 11:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a home football game and the 70.3 all the same weekend, things will be pretty booked up and expensive in the immediate downtown area this far out. That said, from my experience things almost always open up in the last month or two before the race as people drop and hotel blocks get released. I typically would book something cheap and fully refundable out in Middleton (~15min drive), and then periodically check to see what opens up as it gets closer. For this year even within a week or two of the race I was seeing availability downtown with rates moderating a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin accomodations [aminthepm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aminthepm wrote:
There are hotels all over downtown within walking distance from the start... could it be that the hotels you are searching haven't opened the race weekend dates for reservations yet?

For this year I got a room at the Motel 6 on East Towne Boulevard, but even for that I had to wait until January. I think am nailed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did IM Wisconsin this year and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Downtown. Just under a mile to the expo and transition, so close enough to walk on race morning and for bike + gear drop off. I booked 2 weeks before the race since I transferred after IM Canada got cancelled.
If I did the race again I would try to stay at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. It's connected to the terrace that has the expo, gear bags, and bikes. Very convenient location to stay! I know that there was a discount for the host hotel for athletes... I missed it because of the late transfer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If everything is sold-out downtown...try over by Rimrock and John Nolan. 4-5 hotels over there, no more than 5 minutes away from downtown.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin accomodations [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for nothing but this link is literally on the Ironman Wisconsin website: https://mmxreservations.com/...st?pageCode=IMWI2024

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you can afford it, stay near IM village.

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Hotel Ruby Marie - very small, but a short walk to city center/finish line.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply