Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race!
Quote | Reply
Want to get priority registration for Ironman Wisconsin? Check out this Race Ready package for 2014:

The "Race Ready - 2014 IRONMAN Wisconsin" package offers the perfect set-up for Midwest athletes: priority entry into both IRONMAN Wisconsin and a perfect set-up race, IRONMAN 70.3 Racine OR Maytag IRONMAN 70.3 Steelhead. We have set aside 400 pre-sale slots for this package, which will go on sale this Friday, September 6 at 9am ET for 24 hours only (11:59 p.m. ET). The cost of the Package with IRONMAN 70.3 Racine is $900.00 and the cost of the Package with the Maytag IRONMAN 70.3 Steelhead is $874. Price covers registration costs for both events. Don't miss out on this opportunity!

The registration link for the Race Ready Package will be posted on www.ironmanwisconsin.com just before registration opens up at 9 a.m. on Friday, September 6.
Z
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wtc reminds me of j.p. Getty when asked how much money is enough? "Just a little more."
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing here... any idea if a package will be offered for Ironman Louisville?

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second question can you the dates to Steelhead and Wisconsin don't see them on Ironman.com off the main page ?

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [SPROSCIA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steelhead is August 4th and Madison should be September 7th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do the same with Syracuse 70.3 and IMLP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is the fee increasing for IMWI this year? Early registration puts Racine at $225. That would either mean that IMWI rate is increased or the race ready package isn't really a deal, just a way to register early.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [SPROSCIA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Maytag IRONMAN 70.3 Steelhead race will take place on Sunday, Aug. 10th in 2014. IM Wisconsin will take place on Sunday, Sept. 7th next year. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I not sure about any package deals for IM Louisville. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought IMWI would land on the 14th next year since that's the 2nd sunday. Hmmm... that would change my race plans leading up since it would be a week sooner than I thought. Doing an Olympic 1 week before an IM, probably isn't ideal.... though not improbable.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I checked... according to the facebook site it's the 14th.

Hmmm... now I'm considering doing Steelhead instead of Pigman, then I could visit family that's only 3 hours away the week afterwards. A Lake Michigan swim would be pretty cool for me. Swam there so many times growing up camping in Michigan.

TrainingBible Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for Racine and Wisconsin. It has a nice $54 fee. So $954 total.

TeamRWB
Louisville Landsharks
follow me on Twitter @mlzervas
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [mlzervas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also jumped on the race ready option. The confirmation stated that IM Wisconsin would be the 7th of September next year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [SasquatchRuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DONE! $916 buck gone lickity split. Wohoo... just singed up for my first IM.

Oh crap... WTF did I just do... I just singed up for an IM.

TrainingBible Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [SasquatchRuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in too. This will be my second time doing Racine and first IM. A year and a day to go...
Last edited by: healthynine: Sep 6, 13 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I would have the "oh crap" feeling too because I have been going back and forth for the last few weeks. Today I feel good about it. Maybe it just hasn't sunk in for me yet. I'm just glad I won't be worried about getting a spot come Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [healthynine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
healthynine wrote:
I thought I would have the "oh crap" feeling too because I have been going back and forth for the last few weeks. Today I feel good about it. Maybe it just hasn't sunk in for me yet. I'm just glad I won't be worried about getting a spot come Monday.

Give it time. My 2 fears... "and then run a marathon". I've only done about 7 rides over 100 miles in my life. I felt OK afterwards but can't say by any means I was ready ot run for 3 hours.

Second fear... getting burnt out and motivation. I think about the "required" 40x100y or 20x200y or 10x400y swim sets and while they are not fast or particularly hard, it's mentally tough (that's the point).

I'll know if I have a shot at a KQ after my first 70.3 in April and will confirm the potential or lack thereof at Steelhead. I need to drop in my mind at least, 1 minute on the swim (not critical), 4 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the run to be "in the window".

Just repeat to yourself 100 times: "my indoor trainer is my friend, not my enemy."

TrainingBible Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Active.com insurance option is available for the Race Ready packages?

Seriously tempted, it still struggling with Plantar Fasciitis and don't fell like dropping $900 for nothing.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Anyone know if the Active.com insurance option is available for the Race Ready packages?

Seriously tempted, it still struggling with Plantar Fasciitis and don't fell like dropping $900 for nothing.

Good question. I never saw the option. I also didn't see ANY of the usual BS questions as when I registered for NOLA 70.3 either. Hey, another bonus of a package.

TrainingBible Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [healthynine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlete guide puts registration for 2014 imwi at 675
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction... now it does look like IMWI is the 7th, not the 14th. I really did want to do Hyvee again and race the championship race this time... but an Olympic 7 days before a IM might be pushing it unless I forced myself to back off on the run a little. That being said, I'm feeling pretty good just 5 days later right now and I'll have a much deeper base next year. I'll have to think about that one.

TrainingBible Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you able to pick hotels too or just register. If no hotel picks, did they say how they would handle that on Monday?
Thanks,
Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn't make me feel "better" but I guess makes the $900 seem right.

Oh well, I'm just glad I signed up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hotels anyone. Can we pick them along with sign up or does that happen some other time. Sometimes Madison hotels are harder to get than the race!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisconsin Race Ready Package! Great way to get ready to race! [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is nothing about hotels. I heard something about those being available Monday morning.

It isn't the full registration either, mainly just reserving the spot and paying the fee.
Quote Reply

Prev Next