Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Vichy Feedback
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen any posts from anyone yet but might be able to convince the family. So, did anyone do the race this year?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Vichy Feedback [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Did it, finished it. It was brutally warm on the run. Alot of DNF's.

Organisation : Top. With the half, Ironkids and Irongirls on saturday alot of action. Expo, Pasta Party, etc. all OK.
City : Very nice, classy city, Good for families with kids (water recreation, play grounds, nice spots, etc).
Support : mainly from relatifs of athletes. Low local support (but OK, it was 37°C...)
Site : Very easy access, alot of space, all transitions at the same spot. Perfect.
Swim : Several waves, but it was very busy in the water. Water quality is OK. Wetsuit allowed
Bike : Very beautiful, but NOT flat. Rolling, but with the wind, it was challenging. BIG PLUS : VERY LOW DRAFTING. Refs were very strickt. Perfect.
Run : Very, very nice. Through the shady parks, alongside the river, through the city. Big minus : with 37°C on the run, they should have supplied sponges

PS : I can only compare it with Roth, Klagenfurt and Vitoria-Gasteiz. Because of the bigger local support, I would recommend those first. But anyhow, Vichy is very nice and I am happy I have done it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the 70.3 and my girlfriend did the IM; we both enjoyed the race and the venue. The 7am start allowed for a fast 70.3 race, with fresh temperature and weak wind, while later day wind and heat made the IM a lot harder. I did easy run and rides before and after r/d and enjoyed them too, with beautiful french countrysides and city parks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Vichy Feedback [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
race details:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/885012127
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just posted my report.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Location is nice, specially as race venue. This year temperature/wind was quite brutal, but otherwise the course is relatively fast. On the bike, some of the road surfaces are also quite tough.

Easy access to the venue, enough hotels etc...I dont have too much experience, but would guess it is quite a nice race/location
Last edited by: markko: Sep 2, 15 5:03
Quote Reply