Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Vet's - Chime in...
Quote | Reply
So 30 day's till my first IM race... I have to say, my leg's feel real heavy. (Not injured, knock on wood, just heavy.) Massage is probably ino order. This weekend and next, then I start my taper. I'm assuming this is how I should feel... but would like confirmation.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Vet's - Chime in... [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call myself a "veteran" with four Ironman finishes but I can remember feeling very fatigued from the training going into the race.

It is a balancing act between enough and too much. I do believe in the axiom of "Better to be slightly under-trained than slightly over-trained."

I also think your strategy for recovery and adaptation including massage is a good one. Good for you. Have a good taper and an even better race.

Good luck!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in the pool today to warm up and felt horrible...dragging, slow, tired. We then started the main part of the workout and I swam the fastest intervals I've swum since high school!

Massage is always good! ;-)

It's normal.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's how you should feel. 2 - 3 weeks of freshening up and you will be good to go. Problem is many don't seem to get this and over-do it in the last 2 - 3 weeks. From a physiological perspective you could do almost nothing for the last 2 weeks and loose almost nothing from the key physiological parameters required to do well at IM.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: IM Vet's - Chime in... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been shortening my short stuff and using them more as recovery workouts... Rather then anything of substance... I've very conscience of injury after suffering from a nueroma last year for 16 weeks... At this point, I just need to stay healthy, both physically and mentally.
Quote Reply