Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Texas Accommodations
Quote | Reply
I have searched the threads. It looks like the host hotel is sold out. Any thoughts on Hilton Garden Inn, Drury Inn, Comfort Suites on 45?, LaQuinta all in the Woodlands, or other suggestions?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [highflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. I have noticed on the IM website that the hotel information is coming soon, so maybe they are holding a big block of rooms and will release them closer to the race? For the veterans of this race, in additions to the OP questions, aside from being within walking distance of the race site, is there any reason to have a hotel close to the start/finish (such as traffic or parking considerations on race day)?

"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent" - Steve Martin
http://www.trifundracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a comfort suites right off of 45 at louetta. its about 3 miles south of the woodlands. the rooms there are really nice and they should have availability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I originally booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn this year because the Marriott Waterway was completely booked. However, I was able to grab a room at the Marriott once they released the cancellations (about a month before the race) for almost half what it was going to cost at the Hilton Garden Inn. Might be something to keep in mind if you decide to book at one of the other hotels. Someone will usually post a PSA on Slowtwitch when the cancellations are released.

Although the majority of other hotels are not that far away, it is quite nice to stay at a hotel that is - quite literally - a stone's throw away from the finish line. Additionally, there are a plethora of food options within easy walking distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn last year. I will stay there again next time I head down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're going to have a car, there's no real necessity to staying at the host hotel. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Woodlands and drove back and forth to race activities. Parking in the area is fairly plentiful - especially on the weekends. Any of the hotels you name are essentially in the same neighborhood and should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [droid_six_four] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
droid_six_four wrote:
I originally booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn this year because the Marriott Waterway was completely booked. However, I was able to grab a room at the Marriott once they released the cancellations (about a month before the race) for almost half what it was going to cost at the Hilton Garden Inn. Might be something to keep in mind if you decide to book at one of the other hotels. Someone will usually post a PSA on Slowtwitch when the cancellations are released.

Although the majority of other hotels are not that far away, it is quite nice to stay at a hotel that is - quite literally - a stone's throw away from the finish line. Additionally, there are a plethora of food options within easy walking distance.

Thanks everyone for all the advice! Which hotels exactly are within walking distance from the finish? Maybe that is obvious, as in those that are listed on the Ironman website?
And good to know there is plenty of parking, relatively easy to get around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a reservation at Hilton garden inn wed-tue. Damn is it expensive at 339/night. Does ironman usually have a discounted rate for athletes? I noticed the prices aren't posted yet on the website.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the LQ twice, and it worked well. About two miles from start/finish, and they made us an early breakfast to go for race morning. Make reservations early, it will fill up. Which reminds me, I need to make mine for next May!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How far was the Hampton Inn from race site?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hotel I stay at said no Ironman reservations until November. We tried to book right after the race.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 3-4 miles which took minutes to drive. It's at (or near) the corner of Vision Park and the I-45 frontage road IIRC
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Hotel I stay at said no Ironman reservations until November. We tried to book right after the race.

Which one is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
highflyer wrote:
Which hotels exactly are within walking distance from the finish? Maybe that is obvious, as in those that are listed on the Ironman website?

There are only four that are really within walking distance:
Marriott Waterway
Hyatt
Marriott Residence Inn Market Street
Hilton Garden Inn

The Marriott Residence Inn Lake Front is walkable but more of a hike than the others.

The Marriott Courtyard and the Drury Inn are walkable depending on your definition of walkable. I would not want to make that hike post-race.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Aug 20, 14 5:52
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
highflyer wrote:
Which hotels exactly are within walking distance from the finish? Maybe that is obvious, as in those that are listed on the Ironman website?

There are only four that are really within walking distance:
Marriott Waterway
Hyatt
Marriott Residence Inn Market Street
Hilton Garden Inn

The Marriott Residence Inn Lake Front is walkable but more of a hike than the others.

The Marriott Courtyard and the Drury Inn are walkable depending on your definition of walkable. I would not want to make that hike post-race.

OK. Many thanks for this. I tracked them down via Google Maps in comparison to swim start, transition, finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2013, we stayed at the Drury. It was convenient, comfy, and I think about $150/nt?? Would recommend.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas Accommodations [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
Rappstar wrote:

Which one is that?

Residence Inn. There are two, both proximate to the race start. But this is the closer of the two.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply