Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Sponsor Exemption
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever get a sponsor exemption to a full race? Want to know what the possibility is of getting one (through the title sponsor, for a non-Kona race and I'm willing to pay for it).

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Last edited by: mileader: Sep 12, 05 8:09
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sponsor Exemption [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'd be cheaper and easier to try and get a community fund spot if they are still available for the race you are looking at. $1000 I think.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sponsor Exemption [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at that option but I think I may have an in through the title sponsor (friend works for them and has been in touch with the people that own the relationship with WTC - just waiting for a reply from the WTC folk - obviously they are busy today). Just want to know since if people think it's a no-go idea, I may sign-up for IMWI instead (want to do IMLP).

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who got into Hawaii through Mrs. T's peirogies a while back..it is possible, but the "sponsor's slots" usually go to employees of the sponsor, only if no one at the company wants it do they go outside the company.

good luck.

Mike.

"A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." G.K. Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know someone who worked for HSBC (Canada) and got into LP 2003 through them. He also got 2 friends in. When the request for 2004 came out, over 10 people wanted spots, so they were limited to only employees. I don't know if they have anymore slots since they are no longer the title sponsor of the race.

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sponsor Exemption [cimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're going through Ford - so far we're the first request they've received. One employee and one training partner - and if that doesn't work...my buddy is suddenly blind and I'm his spotter. lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do manage to get the slot, you'll still pay the entry ... it's not free, it's just giving you the opportunity to get into the race .. but you'll pay the same entry as everyone else. Least that is the way it was years ago ... I would assume it still is.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sponsor Exemption [Dmcminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Fully intend on still paying. Just want to get in to the race. Funny, that was the sponsorship guys first question - "what, you guys only want to get into a race and pay for it? I thought you were looking for free stuf. This shouldn't be a problem."

Quote Reply