Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [fisherman76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm registered, but I'm having a difficult time finding a place to stay. It looks like I'm going to have a bit of a drive on race morning.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [skaas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could prob rent a pop up camper from oc md and stay at the high school
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you find out the info on camping at the High School? I can't find it on the Ironman site.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will admit to being one of them, and I'm tickled it sold out. I also put my money where my mouth is and signed up.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [krupkake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hm. I submitted a request to transfer from another IM to IMMD before it sold out, but I haven't yet received a response. Wonder if I'm out of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [skaas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Im staying in Salisbury MD. I used to go to school there at the university. You could always try air bnb as it gets closer to the event. I will probably wind up doing that.
Also Seagull century is the same weekend, which is in Salisbury, book something ASAP before you get nothing, bottom of the barrel or insanely expensive.
Last edited by: espejo09: Jan 27, 15 13:46
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just got lodging for Eagleman in Salisbury, also. There's NOTHING near the race site. NOTHING. I even tried VRBO to try to find a rental house, but they're all incredibly high priced.

You're basically looking at 40-45 mins drive into the race site minimum.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [BubbaKardashian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed in Salisbury for the race, yes it's a drive but an easy one. Freeway almost all the way. At least for me it was not an issue at all.

Quote | Reply
The HS camping option might only be applicable for summertime out of school Eagleman race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone think that the fact IMMD has sold out already means more or less fast people there? Or impossible to tell?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebeachbum wrote:
anyone think that the fact IMMD has sold out already means more or less fast people there? Or impossible to tell?
More or less compared to what? Compared to last year? Compared to a slower race?

Quote | Reply
BubbaKardashian wrote:
We just got lodging for Eagleman in Salisbury, also. There's NOTHING near the race site. NOTHING. I even tried VRBO to try to find a rental house, but they're all incredibly high priced.

You're basically looking at 40-45 mins drive into the race site minimum.

Same happened to me when I raced there, had to stay way out. The drive is quicker early in the morning if you're willing to drive faster. I was worried about parking at the event (street parking fills up pretty quickly) so woke up at 3am and ate while driving to the race site. I got parking right next to the race and napped for another couple hours. Works out really well if you're able to get to bed early the night before
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More people overall compared to last yr, so guessing overall would be some faster folks out there. But I mean just overall in a ironman when it sells out early do you tend to see faster or slower age group times; or is it just a non factor? Having only been racing for a few years i just don't have any frame of reference.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's sold out and I was late... I have 2 rooms reserved at Hyatt (RESORT VIEW KING) for 2 nights (friday and saturday). Who wants to assume those reservations? I think they will not charge me until that friday so I will call the hotel before and give the name of whoever wants it and just show your credit card. PM me if you are interested. Oh and I have another room at Hyatt Louisville too. LOL...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [pinoyako] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be taking the motorhome from Chicago to the high school, just hoping I can hitch a ride to check in etc as I will not have a car. I may rent one when I get out there. I have camped at hims before Muncie and Timberman. Im not looking forward to driving back after the race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much for hyatt louisville anf what days?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [mghawaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another Midwesterner here planning on camping at the school for the race. I'm planning on driving out a few days early in my suv, with my cheering squad bringing the RV out on thursday. If you find me I'll make sure you get a ride to check in, as long as you aren't in my age group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're planning on renting a car in cambridge, md, you might want to check that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [mrubesch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As it gets closer maybe we can caravan from the Midwest
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it race season yet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I know this message was posted long time ago, but I was just wondering if you ended up giving your rooms reservation to someone else. I will be coming to Maryland with my wife and kids and it's impossible to find a hotel near the race.

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [E7m5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 weeks away!

Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. And now the taper begins!

Rav Dighe
Coach & Director
w: http://www.alohatri.com
e: rav@alohatri.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland 2015 [Ironrav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 weeks and counting. This will be my first full. Getting excited and anxious. Who's with me?
Quote Reply

Prev Next