Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Louisville vs IM Chatt
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to decide which race I'm going to sign up for. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville vs IM Chatt [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim
Louisville was "more difficult" with a congested upstream portion, still a very easy IM swim. I had very little congestion in Chattanooga last year and it is completely down stream.

Bike
Louisville was more challenging as the hills are anything, but rolling

Run
Chattanooga run is brutal. Louisville is flat as a pancake

Other
Louisville was cool in the morning and for a good part of the bike, if you do well in cool conditions this will be a safer bet as Chattanooga can get a little warmer in the afternoon. I thought both towns were pretty kick ass.The finish line at Louisville is pretty epic.

Play to your strengths or just pick one for the hell of it. I don't think you can go wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with everything jph437 said above. I will add a few thoughts:

1. The Tennessee River in Chattanooga is like swimming in drinking water. The Ohio River is like swimming in gritty chocolate milk with a slight fishy flavor.
2. The Chattanooga bike course felt less congested and was a little more scenic.
3. Neither run course is very interesting. Majority of time is spent on highways and trails in Chattanooga or in rundown neighborhoods in Louisville. Both go through some nice residential areas as well.
4. The finish line area in Louisville is about as exciting and energetic as it gets, but Chattanooga's smaller feel made everything more convenient.
5. If your "support crew" is family that includes kids, Chattanooga is amazing. If your "support crew" is friends that want to drink all day or weekend, Louisville is amazing.
Last edited by: mdm81: Oct 13, 15 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The entry fee for Louisville is $25 cheaper.........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville vs IM Chatt [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jph437 wrote:
Swim
Louisville was "more difficult" with a congested upstream portion, still a very easy IM swim. I had very little congestion in Chattanooga last year and it is completely down stream.

Bike
Louisville was more challenging as the hills are anything, but rolling

Run
Chattanooga run is brutal. Louisville is flat as a pancake

Other
Louisville was cool in the morning and for a good part of the bike, if you do well in cool conditions this will be a safer bet as Chattanooga can get a little warmer in the afternoon. I thought both towns were pretty kick ass.The finish line at Louisville is pretty epic.

Play to your strengths or just pick one for the hell of it. I don't think you can go wrong.

Loved IMCHOO....but that run is BRUTAL for sure!!!

I have a 12 and 10yo and they had a great time around downtown the whole weekend.
Last edited by: key4871: Oct 13, 15 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville vs IM Chatt [key4871] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait until you see my run course for the 70.3 World Champs... That's gonna hurt!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville vs IM Chatt [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
Wait until you see my run course for the 70.3 World Champs... That's gonna hurt!

Not sure you can top Vegas at 115 degrees air temp and blacktop to run on with no shade and 2-3 miles uphill, then down, repeat and repeat.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville vs IM Chatt [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it!!! Will you be using some of the Waterfront bike course? That shit would be awesome.
Quote Reply