Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Louisville helmet choices
Quote | Reply
As you know it's going to be very comfortable at Ironman Louisville 2014 no heat, Not! My question at what point/temp would one switch to a normal road helmet? I have a catlike aero and specialized Evade. As of Now the heat index is looking like 102. Are there study's at which heat affects body.?? I'm leaning towards the Evade
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville helmet choices [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go with the road helmet. (my 2 cents)

If you ain't first you're last. - Ricky Bobby.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville helmet choices [tfunk16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Jackmott had a study in another thread that showed no performance drop between the two. Though one may feel hotter it didn't significantly raise core body temp or results in reduced performance. However, I don't know what conditions they tested in. In cooler conditions your body may just shift cooling "capacity" to other parts of your body by diverting more blood flow there. Keep in mind that on the run you'll have dramatically less cooling despite moving at 1/4 the speed. I'd be surprised if it is an actual limiting factor at intensities well below max and well below FTP.

That being said, physiologically, you might want to wear the Evade even if it costs you 1-2 minutes.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville helmet choices [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...you also might consider swimming a little slower for similar reasons, saving more for the bike & run.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville helmet choices [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
As you know it's going to be very comfortable at Ironman Louisville 2014 no heat, Not! My question at what point/temp would one switch to a normal road helmet? I have a catlike aero and specialized Evade. As of Now the heat index is looking like 102. Are there study's at which heat affects body.?? I'm leaning towards the Evade

i did louisville in 2008 and 2013, 90 plus both days, wore aero helmet and didnt notice a bit of difference, stay with the aero
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville helmet choices [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going Aero (catlike) but thanks for all the advice, It's really appreciated
Quote Reply