Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Florida 70.3 WC Slot Allocation
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the slot allocation? 40 total were up for grabs. Did any groups roll down? Particularly interested in M50-54.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida 70.3 WC Slot Allocation [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was surprised they were few roll downs just because New Zealand is so far away. No roll down in M50-54. Only the younger age groups had roll downs, I think 30-34 was the only that went past top 10. Even the extra 15 Tri for Women slots went to the podium winners.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida 70.3 WC Slot Allocation [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
How was the race?

Water temp was great at 70. Light winds on the bike. Run was 80 with low humidity and very manageable. Fantastic volunteers. Overall Florida winter postcard day.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida 70.3 WC Slot Allocation [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomk407 wrote:
I was surprised they were few roll downs just because New Zealand is so far away. No roll down in M50-54. Only the younger age groups had roll downs, I think 30-34 was the only that went past top 10. Even the extra 15 Tri for Women slots went to the podium winners.

Yes very surprising is right. You’d think it was NA next year with that demand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the women didn't roll much at all. But they had less slots. The men had a few roll downs but not crazy deep. Oldest AGs had slots reallocated into the 50AG group and they went quick after that. They didn't have to call to many names to get them taken. 45 AG rolled starting at the 3rd position if I recall?. 40Ag rolled starting at 7th.

I'd guess if you're 40 and up placing top 15 puts you in strong Contention, but it depends on who shows up.

St George will have a pretty decent roll down if you are targeting a race as there are more slots there.
Last edited by: Lurker4: Dec 11, 23 15:16
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida 70.3 WC Slot Allocation [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed a slot by 90 second at Mukoka 70.3 in July and since then was not able to do any qualifiers, but usually I am in the second "group" of people who are the near miss crew. I was considering Florida 70.3 as I have friends nearby but had to go overseas to Dubai for some biz, and was tangentially looking at Bahrain70.3 (it also had 60 slots), but it sold out before I got organized!!! So I have to be succesful in the spring. Maybe by they lots of faster people have qualified and St. George has roughly double the slots of Florida (and also Muskoka only had 30 slots). We had almost no roll down in middle age to old age groups, but big rolldowns in the younger age groups which is understandable given costs involved.
Quote Reply