Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Canada Run course a little short?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if anyone else had a GPS that showed the run being short? Like about a mile? Anyone?

On an unrelated note, was Bree Wee's speech a tad awkward? Might have been me, but it did not seem to set as well as she likely had intended. Again, could be just me...I am still low on sugar.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada Run course a little short? [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am always amazed when bike and or run courses seem to be a different distance than what a race advertises.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada Run course a little short? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am always amazed that so many GPS devices can have such a wide variance in the reported distance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada Run course a little short? [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobAllen wrote:
Am always amazed that so many GPS devices can have such a wide variance in the reported distance.

Not sure this is not normal since I see this reported all the time.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:
Just curious if anyone else had a GPS that showed the run being short? Like about a mile? Anyone?

On an unrelated note, was Bree Wee's speech a tad awkward? Might have been me, but it did not seem to set as well as she likely had intended. Again, could be just me...I am still low on sugar.

Quite sure it was short. I only had 25.73 mi. I think it was the last segment. Pretty sure I didn't finish with a 7:00 pace.

And yes, very awkward speech. My wife and I both made the same remark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed it but what was her speech about that made it awkward?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my 910xt distances were 4.31 km, 177.31 km, 41.08 km.
An IM official confirmed the longer swim distance. She said that they do their best but sometimes it's just how it works out.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May not be the answer but I also race Xterras (in the woods, under the trees) and have a Garmin 910. At IM CA, The run was half on the trail system with tree coverage, with the turns under the trees, the GPS reception will not be accurate. It will cut some distance off.
Quote Reply