Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION
Quote | Reply
Hoping to nab a qualifying spot to one of these two races coming up here in Oceanside. Which of these two IM's would I have a better chance of getting any sort of reasonably-priced accomodation at this late stage? Anyone?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Mar 22, 07 21:36
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- So what made you choose this race?
- The hotels were cheaper...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check to see if they are doing MOO the day after a Badger football game. If the answer is no, there will be no problems finding accommodations. Unfortunately, they have a nasty habit of scheduling the race the day after the Badger home opener. I'm too lazy to check for you, but here is the website

www.wisc.edu

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, scheduling more than anything. My business is too busy during the summer to leave for a week, so IMCDA/IMLP were out. My wife's expecting our 2nd little one in Nov., so later races were out too.
I heard great things about IM Canada, and like the fact that it's an anniversary year for the race (should be a good time) and it's a single loop bike (which I like) and ample room on the swim (which I like), and plane tickets, at least as of today, were under $300 per person. If I can't get a spot for IM Canada, IM Moo was my 2nd choice.

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
Check to see if they are doing MOO the day after a Badger football game. If the answer is no, there will be no problems finding accommodations. Unfortunately, they have a nasty habit of scheduling the race the day after the Badger home opener. I'm too lazy to check for you, but here is the website

www.wisc.edu

Jodi
Thanks for the tip. Checked the schedule:
Saturday, September 8, 2007
No single-day events listed for this date.Maybe they don't have the sports schedule for next year yet though. That's a long time from now!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're in luck. I just checked- they are at UNLV on the 8th. Hotels should be EASY to find this year. If that city can accomodate 80,000 sports fans, it can handle a sporting event of 2,500. No worries.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Good to know, and thanks for the info!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madison will be a piece of cake to find a room in; it's a "real" city and doesn't really blink at us silly little triathletes. I've never been to Penticton, but I hear that finding anything less than a year out is a bitch; lots of price hikes, 5-7 night minimum stays, etc, a lot like Lake Placid.

All that being said, dude, if you can afford it, go to Penticton. It's my dream race, I can't wait to get the chance to get up there.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem! See you in Oceanside.

:-)

Jodi

ps. bib numbers went up today!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
                  It's going to be a gong show here in Penticton this year.With the property boom going on and the closure of campgrounds and R.V parks for condo development accom is more scarce this year.Add to that the 25th anniversary thing and the fact that tri clubs block book hotels one year in advance it's going to be hard to find places to stay.It's too early yet to check the motels for cancellations but you could check out the city's website and start doing some research.Some of the Vancouver based ST regulars may know of cancellations through thier own tri clubs.Good luck

Nick in Penticton

www.penticton.ca
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh crap! That doesn't sound good. Thanks for the warning though! How about staying somewhere within say 10-15 minutes drive? Is that an easier proposition or would you estimate that's all booked out already too?

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
              Usually all the communities around are booked out as well.The local ski hill is 22miles away and has a couple of hotels,a hostel and few B&B's.It all filled last year as did Summerland 10 miles away and Okanagan Falls at the marathon turn.I wouldn't give up on it but you may want to decide which race you will target as the cancellations get picked up pretty quick.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arg...that gives me a week to figure out if anything would be available. If you get a slot, you pay on the spot, and that's next weekend! Not sure I have the time to do all the research for a "maybe". Thanks for the tips though!!!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Saturday, September 8, 2007
No single-day events listed for this date.Maybe they don't have the sports schedule for next year yet though. That's a long time from now!
Are you kidding me? They probably know the badger football schedule for 2107.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a bunch of hotels just East of Madison on Washington and there are a lot of places to eat, movies, etc. We stayed there last year and will again this year. It is a really easy drive to the race in the morning and if you need to leave early you don't have to deal with road closures.

http://bigisland-will.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do know both are completely sold out right?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You missed where he said "Hoping to nab a qualifying spot..."
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did not say "to nab a qualifying spot for".

You missed "at":

Quote:
to nab a qualifying spot at

By "qualifying spot" I assume he means Hawaii.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada ACCOMODATION vs. IM Moo ACCOMODATION [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
             There are still spots available for Ironman Canada at a three races in B.C alone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. But he said "at", not "for" and he also said to Paulo:

"My business is too busy during the summer to leave for a week"

I doubt he has time to fly to Canada to do a qualifier.

Besides, Oliver and the NB Half are sold out. That only leaves Desert Half on July 8... unless the new Victoria International 1/2 has spots... ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
                 Yeah it's going to be tough for him but if he is really cashed up and speedy he can go to Cultus Lake on May 13th and do the Oly qualifier to qualify for the Oliver half to qualifiy for Ironman Canada to qualify for Hawaii to qualify for bankruptcy or divorce court.Whichever comes first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, there are a few 70.3's that offer slots to NA Sports events. The Calif. 70.3 has 50 slots for each of them. That's how I got into IMFL last year.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh... I forgot about those.... probably easy to pick up too.
Then again.. this year is going to be nuts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cultus Lake has Oliver spots? SWEET. I loved the Oliver race, and I'm feeling pretty Oly distance fit...

Tell me Cultus Lake isn't going to be 13C in May though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some accomodation for IMC at the Best Western that I am going to cancel at the end of March.....I had 2 rooms booked and only need one....PM me if you are interested.
Quote Reply

Prev Next