Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM CDA Ride Question
Quote | Reply
So, I’m about to begin my quest for IM CDA.

Question:

I’ve got 2 bikes:

A Gunnar Hot Dog (now Road Dog)…Steel Baby!!!…

…and a Kuota Kalibur…Sweet, Sweet Carbon!!!…

On which bike do I do the majority of my training? I live in SoCal and mix it up between miles and hills.

Is it obvious? Miles: Kalibur, Hills: Hot Dog?

With the way I’m loving the Kalibur ride and fit (thanks TriLab), I’m tempted to forego the roadbike altogether (even though I hear it crying in the garage).

(P.S. The Hot Dog got me through my first few 1/2 IM and Long Course Tri’s and served me very well.)
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA Ride Question [Bibi3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have the right idea, road bike/hills, tribike/distance. By changing out, especially early in training, you will develop different cycling muscles and get stronger.

Toward the last 6-8 weeks, and for all your long rides, I'd do most all my riding on your anticipated race bike...which I'm assuming is the Kuota, to get your body used to the position, etc.

Have fun at CDA, and hope its not as hot as last year......
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA Ride Question [Bibi3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMCDA is totally awesome. You'll love it.

About your question, if I were you I would do all my riding from November through April on the Gunnar and do tons of hills on it. Your legs will get wicked strong riding hills on a steel bike. Then at the start of May switch to your tri bike for the last two months of training.

That is what I did last year for IMCDA and it worked great. I got lots of miles in on my heavy road bike, and then when I switched to my light tri bike for the race season. Use the Gunnar to get strong. Race on the Kuota.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply