Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out !
Quote | Reply
OK, so Rob Gray convinces me to open up my wallet and sign up for IM Arizona next year and use the AWA athlete link they sent out. Seems like that they reached the quota for this group by 4 pm PST today (12 Nov). Not sure how many they had in this pool. FYI.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they send it out to all AWA members?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
Did they send it out to all AWA members?

It looks like it went to AWA Gold level. NO idea how many slots were allocated to this, but clearly there was a cap. I missed when the email came in but looks like it came in on Monday, registration opened onTue and closed some time on Wed. In any case there was a cap for this group.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration opened at noon on the 11th. Mail was sent out on Monday the 10th, at least that's when i got it.

Quote | Reply
Surprise! An Ironman registration sells out quicker than one thought.
Even AWA Gold winners need to quick.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, it came on Monday afternoon - I claimed mine promptly at noon EST on Tuesday!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Yep, it came on Monday afternoon - I claimed mine promptly at noon EST on Tuesday!

Can we start talking about the stacked M35-39 field yet?

Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You gonna race it again next year?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha - I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to race this weekend. Prep just hasn't been there...but I have several athletes racing so I'm making the trip. But yes, I plan on signing up for next year's race on Saturday.

Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:
Ha - I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to race this weekend. Prep just hasn't been there...but I have several athletes racing so I'm making the trip. But yes, I plan on signing up for next year's race on Saturday.

Might as well start it and see how you feel. You never know.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

I think you need to start this weekend. It won't be as fun following the 35-39 action if it gets "unstacked'. Then I'll have to do something crazy like follow the pro race or something stupid like that no one really cares about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:

Hey, what is it with the the fastest of the fast like yourself wanting to do Arizona?

Just curious? ;-)

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [Fred D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not fast but my guess is it's because:

1. It's a KQ for the following year
2. It's a fast course to put up a solid time
3. They like to compete against other fast people to push themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [Kiyakon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's also far enough away from Kona, that a well trained FOP amateur can recover, do a very brief build to get some fitness back and have a descent race and KQ for the following year.... take a long offseason and focus just on Fall races. Plus if you F-up at IMAZ, you might still be able to jump into Cda, Whistler, Tahoe or a few others.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:

So possibly 3 IM's next year for you eh? (if you have a good day at IMTX :) ).

My wife and recent injuries keep the addiction at a very low controlled level.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [Kiyakon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a basic question about AWA Gold that I'm hoping someone can answer. Once WTC completes its 2014 calculations (which I understand will be done in early 2015), I will end up at the AWA Gold level based on 2014 rankings. I'm interested in the special invites that Dev mentioned for select races, which seems like the main benefit. Will these invites apply during 2015 and only for 2015 races? If so, do you receive those invites from WTC (i) shortly before the 2015 races or (ii) at the beginning of 2015? Alternatively, do you receive the invites in 2015 to sign up for 2016 races, instead? I'm obviously a bit confused, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

Looks like the schedule has 2015 sign up for 2014 folks listed for today and tomorrow, assuming you have your blue wristband on.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I think that about sums it up, and what motoguy said.

I'd say in order of importance:
  1. Phoenix is easy for me to get to, and relatively inexpensive (MKE)
  2. It is typically very competitive
  3. It KQ for the following Year
  4. The timing of it allows a lot of flexibility in season planning

Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's possible.

If the opportunity presents itself, it will probably be a compulsive decision.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owtbac86 wrote:
darkhorsetri wrote:

Looks like the schedule has 2015 sign up for 2014 folks listed for today and tomorrow, assuming you have your blue wristband on.

Yep. I'm in for next year...took care of that today.

Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Quote:

I think that about sums it up, and what motoguy said.

I'd say in order of importance:
  1. Phoenix is easy for me to get to, and relatively inexpensive (MKE)
  2. It is typically very competitive
  3. It KQ for the following Year
  4. The timing of it allows a lot of flexibility in season planning

For me, it's the weather (it's 0 in Boulder right now, nice getaway), the proximity to my inlaws place, cheap flight...I think it was $100-$115 from Denver and that I don't have to train heavy in the heat of the summer. Kona being nearly a year away, nor the competition has anything to do with it. I just like coming here.

Last edited by: darkhorsetri: Nov 13, 14 19:11
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [pricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pricardo wrote:
I have a basic question about AWA Gold that I'm hoping someone can answer. Once WTC completes its 2014 calculations (which I understand will be done in early 2015), I will end up at the AWA Gold level based on 2014 rankings. I'm interested in the special invites that Dev mentioned for select races, which seems like the main benefit. Will these invites apply during 2015 and only for 2015 races? If so, do you receive those invites from WTC (i) shortly before the 2015 races or (ii) at the beginning of 2015? Alternatively, do you receive the invites in 2015 to sign up for 2016 races, instead? I'm obviously a bit confused, thanks.

You will receive emails throughout 2015 to allow you early sign up for 2016 races.

Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

/Like
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the benefits IRONMAN Gold All World Athletes enjoy is the opportunity to receive priority entry into selected races. There are limited slots available and the slots are offered on a first come, first serve basis. As an IRONMAN 2015 Gold All World Athlete (meaning you qualified in 2014) you would be offered priority entry into races that are scheduled for 2016. A complete list of these selected races will be announced in early 2015. If you have additional questions regarding the program please reach out to us at agr@ironman.com. Happy to answer any questions you may have!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona AWA "advance" registration Quota Sold Out ! [LizKollar-WTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LizKollar-WTC wrote:
One of the benefits IRONMAN Gold All World Athletes enjoy is the opportunity to receive priority entry into selected races. There are limited slots available and the slots are offered on a first come, first serve basis. As an IRONMAN 2015 Gold All World Athlete (meaning you qualified in 2014) you would be offered priority entry into races that are scheduled for 2016. A complete list of these selected races will be announced in early 2015. If you have additional questions regarding the program please reach out to us at agr@ironman.com. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hi Liz, is there a list of events published? You know how far in advance you need to plan for some events, so it would be helpful to know which events will be available for sign-up in 2015 for 2016. (Hard to believe that we plan 2 seasons ahead, but that's the reality.)
Quote Reply

Prev Next